Celebration, FL IS A Test City For Segway LLC

Testtrack321

Original Poster
I have recieved note that numerou people have been approached by Segway LLC to buy their product, the Segway HT, for a steep discount if they agree to take part in a test run in Celebration and answer questions if the media comes and asks them things through phone interviews, surveys, and other things for a year. Last count, aroudn 100 residents are participating in this and more are joining daly.

Here is an e-mail sent by Segway LLC to people participating in the program:

Congratulations! This email confirms that you have been selected to participate in the Segway Market Study held in Celebration, Florida. We are thrilled to have you as one of our first customers and appreciate your purchase and involvement.
We’ve already processed your first installment and you can expect to receive your Segway Human Transporter once you’ve completed training. For those of you who decided to pay for additional people to attend training with you, we’ve processed that charge as well and look forward to meeting all future Segway riders.
Starting on Monday (1/20), participants are asked to go to NEVrland to collect pre-training materials that include a Segway Riders’ Guide and Safety Video. We require that you review these materials prior to your training session. Sessions will be held this coming Wednesday (1/22), Thursday (1/23), Friday (1/24), and Saturday (1/25). Session availability is first come, first serve and is being managed through NEVrland. We anticipate the training sessions to accommodate 5-6 people and take less than 2 hours. (Additional training sessions will be offered in February.)
Once again, thank you for participating.
The Segway Team

As you can tell, this is late breaking and very new. Thanks to other Segway sites and fans of Disney and Segway for bringing this up.

BTW Steve, you can put this on the main site if you want.

sigsegv

I saw a few CMs tooling around Epcot on these things. They look pretty cool. I wasn't very interested in them until I saw them in action. Now, I'd like to give them a try. $5k is still out of my budget for gadgets though.

-sig

Maerj

I saw CMs at Epcot use them and police in Atlanta, GA. I'll test drive one of them if they want, I'd love to have a Segway!

FusionAddict

Pfft...sorry, but it's my humble opinion that Segways are the biggest gomer-mobiles on the planet. You can have 'em.

Which reminds me. Saw a guy wipeout on one of those things not too long after they started using them in the tunnels underneath MK. Guy tried to turn, went too far, overcorrected, and ran right into a wall. Funniest thing I ever seen.

dreamer

Originally posted by FusionAddict
Pfft...sorry, but it's my humble opinion that Segways are the biggest gomer-mobiles on the planet. You can have 'em.

What does "humble" mean in your universe?

bamboo7

Originally posted by sigsegv
I saw a few CMs tooling around Epcot on these things. They look pretty cool. I wasn't very interested in them until I saw them in action. Now, I'd like to give them a try. $5k is still out of my budget for gadgets though.

-sig

my department uses them, so before too long i might be seen on one. i'm excited about it.

Invero

I've used one before... it wasn't anything great. Personally, I can't stand them... it's a lazy excuse not to walk. This country is lazy enough as it is...

On a related note, San Francisco has already BANNED them from use on thier sidewalks...

Testtrack321

Original Poster
More news and some opinions:

Celebration FL will get theirs this Thursday after a 2 hour training session.

Also, as for 'lazy' and such, the Segway isn't ment nor will it work to get from the coutch to the fridge nor to get the mail. If you actually use is (not just demo it) you will see that it is very practical. Sure, you might not like it, but still, it's very usefully to some people.

Tim G

Nice thingies, aren't they...

But I like a good old walk...

Attachments

• segway.jpg
    segway.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 151

Maerj

The Segway's are definitely cool, but they would be much cooler if they hovered instead of having wheels! :D

Maybe the next model?

Tink

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
I've used one before... it wasn't anything great. Personally, I can't stand them... it's a lazy excuse not to walk. This country is lazy enough as it is...

On a related note, San Francisco has already BANNED them from use on thier sidewalks...

Can you imagine using one of those in San Fran? It would be impossible and probably dangerous! I have a hard enough time driving a car there!:lol:

sillyspook13

Originally posted by Maerj
The Segway's are definitely cool, but they would be much cooler if they hovered instead of having wheels! :D

Maybe the next model?
Yeah!!!! It would be cool if they could hover........ like a solar surfer!!!!:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom