Celebration Breaks New Home Sales Record

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Celebration Breaks New Home Sales Record

CELEBRATION (Orlando Business Journal) -- Celebration sold 330 new homes worth $107 million during the fiscal year ended Sept. 30 — breaking new home sales records for the second consecutive year, reports the community's developer, Celebration Co. Since starting new home sales in 1996, Celebration has achieved a total sales volume of $500 million. Eric Emerson, director of real estate development for the Celebration Co., attributes the high volume of sales to the sense of community the traditional American town creates. Celebration features contiguous, integrated neighborhoods and a mix of residential, corporate office parks and retail, as well as an 18-hole golf course and park and recreation areas. Today, Celebration has 6,000 residents living in 1,700 homes and 1,000 apartments. The homes are priced from the high $100s to more than $1 million. The estimated average home sale exceeds $300,000. Once completed, Celebration expects to have 12,000 residents.

spinsurgeon

I read a large article about Celebration in The Times (one of our broadsheets which I happened to find on a train). It made the place out to be a bit unreal. I understanf there's a rule book about what colour you walls/curtains, etc. can be, more about taking care of your garden, etc. It looks a bit like you have to be a real conformist to live there.

I've seen an X-Files episode where a monster from the earth was invoked to kill people who didn't comply with the Local Residents' Association's demands. Does anyone remember this episode and does this resemble Celebration?

Someone please respond so it doesn't look like I am nuts!

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
whenever I go there, I'm looking for Jim Carrey riding around on a bike

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by mktiggerman
whenever I go there, I'm looking for Jim Carrey riding around on a bike

Exactly...and "The Truman Show" was shot in another planned community like celebration.... I forget the name...I will look it up later and post it.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by DMC-12
Exactly...and "The Truman Show" was shot in another planned community like celebration.... I forget the name...I will look it up later and post it.

i know which one you're talking about.. it's in FL as well

MKingdom25

Originally posted by spinsurgeon
I read a large article about Celebration in The Times (one of our broadsheets which I happened to find on a train). It made the place out to be a bit unreal. I understanf there's a rule book about what colour you walls/curtains, etc. can be, more about taking care of your garden, etc. It looks a bit like you have to be a real conformist to live there.

I've seen an X-Files episode where a monster from the earth was invoked to kill people who didn't comply with the Local Residents' Association's demands. Does anyone remember this episode and does this resemble Celebration?

Someone please respond so it doesn't look like I am nuts!

I remember this X-Files epsiode and also think about it when it Celebration topic comes up. Let's hope there's not really a rule book as big as shown on that episode.
In case anyone is wondering, this episode was titled "Arcadia" and aired in Season 6. It was an awesome episode with a great mix of humor and typical X-Files weirdness.

Classic quote from that episode if you have seen it:
"Fox Mulder: Woman, get back in here and make me a sandwich! ...Did I not make myself clear? "

Sorry to get off-topic there for a sec!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by mousecar
I'm pretty sure the town used in the Truman show was called
Seaside

Thats it! Thanks... ! :sohappy:

I was too lazy to go look it up in my Celebration book :p :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom