Celebration at the Top fireworks viewing now open for reservations at Disney's Contemporary Resort

JohnD

Hmm. For me, I might come in cheaper as a table of 1 at CG with the fireworks built in. The question is would you spend less dining at CG or just pay the $99/person for this?

Jon81uk

Hmm. For me, I might come in cheaper as a table of 1 at CG with the fireworks built in. The question is would you spend less dining at CG or just pay the $99/person for this?

Depends how much alcohol you can drink.

If you are only have non-alcoholic drinks you could pretty much have three courses for $99. But a bottle of wine as well could cost $70, so even between two that's $35. Or 3-4 craft beers could be $30-40 too.

The rooms they are using for this are on the east side of the elevators, near the bathrooms. So I assume they will use the east fire escape (sorry, private terrace) for this viewing and regular guests will still use the west terrace.

alissafalco

we just priced it out. You can sit down at a regular table with a view of MK and order an entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage for less. Just saying.....

But this includes alcohol. The question is, if its unlimited alcohol and you are a drinker, this option would be better for you than the sit down meal. Sure a dinner without alcohol would be cheaper, but this including drinks is the game changer. I'm curious to see the reviews of this and to see exactly what it includes. If its all you can drink & eat then I'm in!

Jess G

I went to the website and it says Sundays through April are available and it was letting me book but I didnt finalize it. I need to see a review of this first. The first event says its this Sunday according to the Dis website. I also would only do this if its unlimited food & alcohol.

View attachment 191058

If there is unlimited alcohol this could be a great deal!

Jon81uk

earlier & current dining guests to view fireworks;

I have been wondering if they ever will close the dine early and come back loophole. Personally I don't think you should be allowed in the elevator unless you have a reservation coming up in the next half hour or if there is space at the bar. Although of course this might mean people with a 7pm reservation try to string out a meal to 10pm. I'm not sure of the best way to implement, but dining at 5pm and coming back at 10pm for fireworks seems strange, to me anyway.

danyoung56

So no more free viewing the fireworks?

I don't think they said anything about this. As I understand it, the viewing area for this new offering is separate from the viewing area that the regular CG diners use. Think of an H. The restaurant is in the middle, and there are 4 outside balconies at each quadrant of the H. The regular viewing area is the top left, while the new viewing for this program will be in the top right. So no impact at all for us regular diners.

And I AM a drinker, but I rarely spend more than $100 for a full meal, including a sushi appetizer, beef filet, dessert and 2 glasses of wine. So I'm not really seeing the benefit of this new thing, unless one were to gorge on sushi and chug a bunch of beer or wine.

JohnD

In my opinion, both viewing decks of California Grill are already pretty crowded from earlier & current dining guests to view fireworks; I can't imagine adding in more guests from this special event. I worry this would take away the charm/uniqueness of doing dinner at CG.

I discovered I liked the back deck better last time I was at CG. I can only assume that the back deck will now be reserved for this event. And CG diners will only use the front deck.

danyoung56

I didn't know that they even had the "back deck" open for CG diners. So this will be no change for me if they do it that way. And of course I'm only speculating on what they're actually doing, based on the info they've put out.

JohnD

I didn't know that they even had the "back deck" open for CG diners. So this will be no change for me if they do it that way. And of course I'm only speculating on what they're actually doing, based on the info they've put out.

Yeah, I noticed the door next to the restroom. I think most expect the front deck. I walked right out. What I liked was walking to the very end and having an unobstructed view of MK.

shipley731

Yeah, I noticed the door next to the restroom. I think most expect the front deck. I walked right out. What I liked was walking to the very end and having an unobstructed view of MK.
When we ate at CG last year, our server clued us in about the back deck. I was surprised we could walk right out there.

Seminole09

When we ate at CG last year, our server clued us in about the back deck. I was surprised we could walk right out there.
We discovered the back deck in Nov 2015. It's great for viewing, and full of diners from CG. I am considering CG for a trip in June (to celebrate my birthday), but I fear if this event gets extended, the viewing decks may be more crowded and less pleasant. We shall see!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You can't. Isn't the irony delicious? :D Replace a fireworks show that you can have (several) up-charge events for with a show that has fireworks but relies on projection, thus negating the ability to have most of the up-charge events.

That's what happens when you run a company as a series of dueling B/U's occupying the same space...

AJH33

I have been wondering if they ever will close the dine early and come back loophole. Personally I don't think you should be allowed in the elevator unless you have a reservation coming up in the next half hour or if there is space at the bar. Although of course this might mean people with a 7pm reservation try to string out a meal to 10pm. I'm not sure of the best way to implement, but dining at 5pm and coming back at 10pm for fireworks seems strange, to me anyway.

Not letting the guest come back would be a big mistake, cause then those 5pm table would sit there, and that happens enough already. Also it already stands if you don't have a reservation, and there is no space in the bar and lounge your not aloud up.

Jon81uk

Not letting the guest come back would be a big mistake, cause then those 5pm table would sit there, and that happens enough already. Also it already stands if you don't have a reservation, and there is no space in the bar and lounge your not aloud up.

If you dine at 5om, finish dessert and still want to stay, move to the bar area. But if you ate at 5pm, arrive back at 9:30 for wishes and the bar/lounge is full then you should have no more priority over anyone else for a bar space just because you dined early.

danyoung56

I guess I just don't agree. Having the policy in place means that people are free to leave, knowing that they'll be allowed back up at fireworks time. If they didn't have this policy, people would just stay, clogging up the place all evening. Or no one would book at 5pm - they'd all try to book at 7pm, and the restaurant would be empty from opening till 7pm.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I guess I just don't agree. Having the policy in place means that people are free to leave, knowing that they'll be allowed back up at fireworks time. If they didn't have this policy, people would just stay, clogging up the place all evening. Or no one would book at 5pm - they'd all try to book at 7pm, and the restaurant would be empty from opening till 7pm.

^^ This ^^

Biff215

Do that many people really come back to view the fireworks? Unless I was staying right in the building, I would probably be elsewhere by then, possibly in the MK watching them up close. Just would feel weird to me to come back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom