Pre-Trip Celebrating our “3 Ear” Anniversary Disney style!

Hello fellow Disney Fans!

This will be my first trip report! I have SO appreciated everyone's trip reports while I count down the days until our next trip... so I thought I would try and return the favour! As of today we have 44 days to go! :happy:

Who: My amazing DH Dan (32), myself Becki the Disney planner (30), our friend Trish (34), and my DMIL Judi (62)
When: September 18th-27th 2015
Where: Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Studio Villa
Why: Well... Dan and I certainly don't need a reason for a Disney vacation :hilarious:... but we will be celebrating our "3 Ear" Anniversary on September 8th which is pretty close to our trip! Trish and Judi will be celebrating their first trips!

Disney Experience: I have been on three Disney trips. I went on a family vacation to Disney in May 1993 for my 8th birthday. I knew I would be back...

Dan's first trip to Disney was our 5 night "Disneymoon" at Port Orleans Riverside in September 2012. He was hooked and we went back for a split stay 3 nights Pop Century and 6 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge in October 2013!

Trish went on a trip to Florida in 2010. She said she went to "Disneyworld"... but she only went to the Magic Kingdom for a few hours. They didn't stay for Wishes... her companion hated it so they left... :eek:

Judi went with my DBIL and DSIL, my DSIL's parents, and our four nieces and nephews August 2013. They stayed at a (not so nice) condo half an hour outside Orlando... they did half a day in each park with my DMIL looking after the little ones. Judi did the grocery shopping, cooked all their meals, and babysat most of the trip. I was so excited to ask her all about her trip when she came home and she really couldn't remember much about Disney at all. :cry:

So... that is why I consider this Trish and Judi's first trip! On site, no cooking, plenty of time in the parks... it will hopefully be a MUCH different experience for both of them this time! ;)

P1010423.JPG

Dan and I on our Disneymoon September 2012 :inlove:. He was such an awesome husband wearing those "groom" ears all day long! Such a trooper!

wdw201328913405437.jpeg

Dan and I on our trip in October 2013. Dan had lost 90lbs and I had lost 35lbs! We've put a few of them back on since... :oops:I have SO many photos of our last two trips I should have done trip reports! :D

Plans so far:
For this trip I booked our AKL Villa through David's DVC Rentals and I hope it works out okay:confused:. It is our first time renting DVC points... both of our previous trips were booked directly through Disney. I had no problems linking our resort reservation to MDE and everything seems to be going well... *breaths deeply*...

I wanted to stay closer to my favorite park the Magic Kingdom... either at Wilderness Loge or the Polynesian... but I was out voted :facepalm:. All three of my travel companions unanimously voted for the AKL! Dan and I both loved it... and I guess Dan had really talked it up... so AKL it is! :happy:

Knowing that we are Canadian snowflakes who are not used to the FL heat and humidity... I have broken our days up so that we spend the morning in a park, rest in the afternoon, and then go to a park for the evening most days.

Dan and I loved the MNSSHP on our last trip so the four of us are going on this trip as well. We also booked the Wild Africa Trek for the four of us for the first time. Dan's favourite park is the AK, his favourite resort is AKL, and so he is PUMPED for the Trek!

Friday September 18th: We will be driving from southern Ontario to Detroit, MI for our flight to MCO. We will catch the DME and then check in to the AKL. (We just received our DME packet in the mail yesterday. Dan and I both screamed and jumped around the room when we saw the envelope! Two year between trips is too long... :p)

Saturday September 19th: Morning in AK, dinner ADR at Trails End, and the evening in my beloved MK

Sunday September 20th: Morning in Epcot, dinner ADR at Via Napoli, and the evening in Epcot

Monday September 21st: Morning in AK, lunch ADR at Sanaa, and evening at HS (I have a Fastpass for the late Fantasmic! show... we have never see seen it before! So excited!)

Tuesday September 22nd: Morning in MK, lunch ADR at BOG, dinner ADR at Kona Cafe, evening in MK for MNSSHP

Wednesday September 23rd: Morning in HS, afternoon in BB, and evening in DD (No ADRs... more of a relaxing day)

Thursday September 24th: Morning in AK for the Wild Africa Trek Tour, dinner ADR at The Plaza, and evening in MK

Friday September 25th: Morning in MK, lunch ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe, and evening in Epcot for F&W

Saturday September 26th: Morning in AK, dinner ADR at Boma, and last evening in MK :(

Sunday September 27th: Late breakfast ADR at Boma, check out AKL, and fly home :cry:

So... other than all the fast passes that is pretty much the plan for now. I have also booked an order with Garden Grocer to deliver some cases of water and pop to our resort. Dan is so excited about the cherry Coke! We used the service last trip as well and it worked out well.

Judi's nickname is "flash" and I booked the Memory Maker as well so there should be lots of pictures for our trip report! o_O

OMG I AM SO EXCITED GUYS!!!!!!!!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom