Celebrating a Birthday

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

Would you please tell me which restaurants best celebrate birthdays? The Crystal Palace provided confetti on the table, a birthday card signed by several characters, and cupcake.

Thanks, in advance, for sharing your experiences,
Jim 8O

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We have found that over the last year, birthday acknowledgements at table service restaurants are not as over-the-top as they once were...no signed cards, no free dessert and in two instances not even a verbal "Happy Birthday" from the server (despite the birthday being noted on the reservation.) We guess that on any given day there are many people celebrating a birthday (whether it is their actual birthday or not) and the reduction of "special touches" is a cost-saving thing.

HouCuseChickie

I would have to agree with @Tuvalu that they're cutting back on such things. We went to 1900 PF for a bday breakfast back in August and they did nothing...and the fact that they were bringing out a custom bday cake to our table...well, they kind of had to know that there was a bday at the table. The last time we'd celebrated a bday at 1900 PF, we got special bday place mats to take home and a couple of bday cupcakes with Mickey heads. There was none of that this time.

The best way to approach a bday meal at WDW...go in expecting nothing (even if it's noted on the ADR) and be ready to provide your own special touches if you want to make it more fun. I know...not as magical, but I think it's just the way these things are going.

ekutchey

I have found many birthday celebrations at signature restaurants but few and far between at QS and TS restaurants. You can preorder a cake directly at TS and signature restaurants. This tend to alert staff more and lends to a better celebration.

Disney4family

5 years ago my daughter was there for her actual b'day. She received free cupcakes (confetti & cards) from The Crystal Palace and Cindy's. We didn't ask for them in advance. We'll be back this year for her very bday (in Sept). I'll have to see if there's a difference and let you know.

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
I have found many birthday celebrations at signature restaurants but few and far between at QS and TS restaurants. You can preorder a cake directly at TS and signature restaurants. This tend to alert staff more and lends to a better celebration.

I did wonder if the experience might be better at signature dining locations.

Lexi

There is a waiter at the Beirgarten in Epcot that will give you a card with a dollar bill in it that says Happy Birthday and is signed by him. He told us people come back years later, he has been with Disney 20+ years apparently, with the dollar to show that they remember him and how much they appreciated the small gesture. I wished I liked the food there more because I still have my dollar and would go back just to sit in his section.

DizneyPryncess

In October, we celebrated our daughter's 4th birthday at Chef Mickey's. They surprised her with a cupcake & signed card from the characters. We didn't mention it at check-in, although we did when we made the original reservation. Our previous few experiences celebrating birthdays weren't like that, so I think it just depends on the restaurant, maybe the server, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom