Cedar Point

Mouse_Trap

Original Poster
I'm currently looking at a trip to the US in May next year and as my route will take us near Cedar Point, I thought it would be good to spend a few days in the area and visit the park.

However, all of their official hotels are showing sold-out, would this likely be correct, or more likely they have not been released yet?

If anyone has any local knowledge, this part of the trip involves travelling from Niagara Falls to Chicago, and I was thinking about spending a few days by the lakes somewhere.

I would appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions for nice places to visit/stay. I'm not looking for anything camping or RV etc, nor am I looking for the cheapest hotels (I'm thinking moderate and up).

Thanks in advance.

Mouse_Trap

Original Poster
Oops, hope I haven't posted this in the wrong place, I saw 'Everything else' and went ahead.
Only now do I see it comes under the heading 'Other Orlando attractions'.

I know a few people here are from Ohio, and there must be many more who know this area.

admiral-ari-x

I'm sorry that this reply comes to you months later, but might I recommend a few things?
My guess is hotel dates are not released yet, since the point isn't crazy busy like that. And if you had to choose an official hotel, Hotel Breakers all the way. It's practically inside the park, making it really easy to get in and out, and there are tons of perks, like early access. Plus you can't beat lakeside views!

However, if the hotels happen to actually be sold out, spring for something around Kalahari since there's good moderate options there. But if you think that's too far, there are a ton of nice bed and breakfasts in Sandusky not 5 minutes from the park that are very nice and historic! And if you're looking for other things to do in the area, Put-in-Bay is AWESOME. Take a ferry up there and enjoy the caves and war monuments (and free wine samples at the vinery :D) Lots of fun!

raven

Cleveland or Toledo aren't too far of a drive. Possibly try there for hotels if need be. But Sandusky has a lot of rooms actually. Don't just look at the official Cedar Point hotels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom