CDC Ending COVID-19 Testing Requirement to Enter Country

ToTBellHop

Original Poster

Big news for anyone flying to the USA for a cruise or those going on a Med or Alaska cruise this summer. We will see if this starts to impact the testing requirement to actually board the ship, too. Big step, regardless!

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
CLIA (which represents many cruise lines, including DCL) has asked the CDC to end cruise testing in light of the removal of this requirement for international flights into the USA. Further, Viking Cruises has now removed the testing requirement for all of its ocean and river cruises outside of the USA and Canada. Together, this suggests that cruise lines want to end testing. I wonder how this will impact the remainder of the European cruise season; I could see other cruises removing testing requirements there as testing is becoming harder to find in many European ports. As for cruises from the USA, I don't honestly expect the CDC to do anything soon. Cruises are hardly a priority and insofar as the removal of testing before flights was an economic decision, the government obviously cares more about this as it benefits American airlines flying guests to America. Cruise lines are international businesses that transport guests away from America.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom