CBR vs CSR

jamesb2

Original Poster
I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before. I am debating CBR vs CSR. I stayed at CBR many years ago and quite honestly was underwhelmed. I know they have the skyliner now and have done some renovations to the property. Is it an (big) improvement from what it was? I have never stayed at CSR but, I am leaning toward it. Mainly, for more food options and more things to do at CSR. Thank you in advance for the feedback.

LovePop

I love CBR. I think the Caribbean theme is just so beautiful. The renovations haven't improved matters, in my mind. They look fine, but they don't look better for me. They do have queen beds now, except for the pirate rooms. Years ago they used to have just double beds. The new food court is worse than it used to be, and it never used to be that good. However, you must consider the fact that you have direct access to Pop and AofA's food courts too, via Skyliner. They also have a new restaurant that gets good reviews, better than the old Shutters. The pool is exceptional if you have kids, with multiple slides and a baby slide area also. But most importantly, the Skyliner does make Epcot and DHS much easier to reach, and can be a huge plus.

However, there's nothing wrong with trying something new. CSR is now cheaper than CBR, thanks to the Skyliner. CSR has been called "the deluxe hotel with moderate prices." If you are leaning that way, follow your heart! Especially consider the rooms in the new Grand Destino Tower.

My heart leans towards CBR. I wish I was there now. 🤩

jamesb2

Original Poster
thank you so much for the response. It does give me something to think about. I have seen a few YouTube videos of CSR and it looks amazing. I do like the idea of the skyline through to get to two of the parks vs needing to take a bus for all four of the parks.

carriebeth

A few years ago I stayed in regular rooms at CSR and right before closures this year stayed in the tower. To me the regular rooms are meh. The tower was great. We had a top floor room with a perfect view of both Epcot and Hollywood so we could watch night fireworks from both. The rooms are very well done and have a much more deluxe feel than the rest of the resort. If weather isn’t perfect the walk to the food court is great being all covered. The cafe Rix had nice assortment of pastries etc. there are also plenty of spots to get your am coffee. The lobby is lovely with nice seating areas around. The bus stop from the tower is so close and easy and Uber drops everyone off at the tower they are not allowed to drop anywhere else so that was very convenient as well. Otherwise taking an Uber would have been a pain. Love the turn down service and chocolates left on the pillows each night. Probably not doing that now until further notice but like I said it’s a step in the direction of a luxury resort.
Now I have also stayed at CBR more than once and most recent was a couple months ago. I much prefer their regular rooms when compared to CSR regular rooms. I like the theming more and the resort grounds much better. I say CBR has pretty much the best main pool area as well. The quick service isn’t great but if going anytime in the near future most are not great anyway with the limited offerings. But with full offerings it’s just not that great to me. I LOVE walking over the bridge in the early mornings to go get my coffee. Now I love that there are free style machines during normal operation all around the resort but those are not available now. The sky liner is a fun different way to get around. My kids really like it. Is it quicker. Probably not really. I mean after Epcot close we waited near an hour in line before boarding and our boarding group for Rise was called right at Hollywood close so we got to the sky liner pretty late the park was completely empty and still had a considerable wait to board a sky liner that was during pretty low crowd time in September But it’s still it’s a fun change. One thing that gets bad marks from me is how tiny the actual bathroom space is in CBR. The toilet and tub take up every inch of space just about and it’s hard to even get dressed in there without banging an elbow on the door or something. You do have the sink area outside which is adequate but that bathroom area is just so tiny.
If kids are going they will prefer CBR over the tower in CSR I am sure. I had no children with me at the tower but it’s more luxury less fun of Disney feel will not impress most kids I think.

jamesb2

Original Poster
Just to give everyone a follow up. I went with CBR. The skyliner was the biggest selling point to me. thanks for all of the advice.

Zé_Carioca

Just to give everyone a follow up. I went with CBR. The skyliner was the biggest selling point to me. thanks for all of the advice.
Both were great choices so you wouldn't have been disappointed either way but im glad you got the skyline access, it really is convenient. When you go, make sure to walk or take the skyliner to the Riviera. Their quick service is amazing and I love their little coffee shop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom