CBR Preferred locations

jfries10

I booked our trip through AAA. I just sent an email to our travel representative there asking about when I can book a preferred room locaiton, and how much it would cost. Her response was

"There are no preferred room locations available at the Caribbean Beach
Resort anymore.
We can request something if you know what you are looking for and there
is no cost for a request. However, it is up to the hotel to confirm this
request when you check in."

Anyone know anything about this??

DisneyJoe

They may have been saying that all of the Preferred Rooms are booked for your dates. I just checked disneyworld.com and the Preferred Rooms are still bookable - I picked some dates in August at random...

Preferred Rooms are an higher priced room category, the same price as Water View rooms. Preferred Rooms are in the Martinique and Trinidad North "islands".

Ask your agent for clarification.

-Joe

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I agree with DisneyJoe. It's just that there are none available for your time, apparently.

I can't imagine they would decide to give up preferred location at CBR. They have 384 preferred locaiton rooms. They upcharge ranges from $15/night in Value season to $20/night in Regular and Summer seasons to $25/night in Peak season to $26 in Holiday season. Geek that I am, I counted the number of nights in each category, multiplied by the appropriate price, then multiplied by the number of rooms. DIsney earns about $2.5 million for having preferred rooms at CBR. I don't think they're giving them up that quickly.:)

Upvote 0

jfries10

Original Poster
Well, I just requested a preferred location at CBR (through AAA). Our agent said she made the request and there is no additional charge, however she is not sure the status of the request yet. Who knows!!

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Well, I just requested a preferred location at CBR (through AAA). Our agent said she made the request and there is no additional charge, however she is not sure the status of the request yet. Who knows!!
I guess it's possible there's been some sort of HUGE change, but I doubt it. My guess is it's MUCH more likely that your AAA TA just doesn't know WDW very well. If she used the word "request" and said there was no charge, that means she didn't book it for you but merely requested it. All requests for preferred location are in line behind all the people who paid for and reserved it.

But you don't have to take my word for it. To settle this once and for all, call Disney at 407-WDISNEY and ask about preferred location at CBR for your dates. I'll bet anything they tell you there is an additional charge per night, and that your TA just hasn't done her homework.

Upvote 0

Cnrtygirl

We just planned our second trip to the world. And I also just book thru disney. That way if I have any questions, I should be getting the right answers

Upvote 0

L Fisher

My entire family is going to the world in November and we are staying in the preferred rooms at the CBR. We are paying extra for this service. We went through Disney though for our reservations. I would try calling Disney to find out what is available. Good luck!!!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Save the money and book a room in Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 or 52. They are nicer b/c you get morning sun and are only a short little jaunt over the footbridge and through Parrot Cay (now Caribbean Cay???!!) Island. It's much prettier and you really get to explore the Resort's beautiful grounds. Night time is especially nice.

Martinique and Trinidad North are too on top of Old Port Royale. You don't really get to experience the lushness of the place.

Many people on these boards swear by Aruba 52 and Jamaica 45 for their "preferred location." Even tho to Disney, they are not preferred. Save the money for a nice meal.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Furthermore to my above post, to us, the view really does mean everything at our Resort. Therefore, at CBR, instead of paying for a preferred location which is equivalent in price to a Lake View room when you may in fact garner a courtyard or parking lot view at the preferred aka lake view price, select a lake view in Aruba 52 (5256--5261 are ultimate) for the same price as a preferred room (perhaps a view of parking lot, courtyard, pool or lake) in Martinique Trinidad North.

Either way, please enjoy your vacation.

Upvote 0

Rockstar

We originally booked a room at CBR and found that without the preferred room option that you do not have your choice of room location.....That's what the extra charge is for.....A choice. As for there not being any preferred rooms available.....It's most likely because AAA does not have anymore available that they can book.....But Disney most likely does. If your travel agent made a request for a room without the preferred option I would double check that because we just went through the same situation and without preferred we had no option. We ended up canceling at CBR and booking a room at Coronado Springs. Good Luck!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

We originally booked a room at CBR and found that without the preferred room option that you do not have your choice of room location.....That's what the extra charge is for.....A choice.

Never had this problem in 13 Caribbean Beach vacations, haha. Every single time we chose to stay here, we request Aruba 52, second floor, non smoking, LAKE VIEW (not "water view") preferably rooms 5256--5261. Never have stayed anywhere else at CBR, unless of course on our first trip when we were way out in Barbados b/c we didn't know any better.

Just our preferences, and Disney has always obliged.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom