CBR or POR?

DisneyAnna

Due to financial contraints, our family vacation has to move from BCV to something a little more frugal. If you had your choice between Carribean Beach or Port Orleans Riverside, what would you choose? Right now, we've gone with POR based on some poor reviews I read of CBR...

Also, if you think POR is a better choice, which "theme" would you go with -- the bayou or the sprawling manse?

Thanks!! :confused:

wannabeBelle

I would choose Riverside in the Mansions section. I have stayed there three times in 2005 alone out of 5 trips!! There is just something so calm and relaxing about Riverside. Also breakfast at Boatwright's YUMMY Belle

Upvote 0

Nansafan

POFQ is a great resort too. We like the intimacy of the place. It is smaller than the other moderates and everything is closer to the main building. It is connected by water taxi to DTD and you can get to POR easily to sample their food options as well. After hours of walking all over the world, a short walk back to your room from the bus stop is a joy. We've stayed at all 4 moderates and POFQ is our favorite.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Nothing is better in the mod price range than POR. Its the only mod that you can take a water taxi to a destinaton. I personally love the mansions, however we stayed in the bayou this past summer and id have to say I enjoyed them almost as much. Por also has 4 or 5 pools that are great. Fishing, bike rental, boat rental, excelent food court, Boatwrights, Banjo Bob at the Co-Op Club. Themeing is great, Bus service is very good(Much better than BCV, They have one bus serving 4 or so hotels where as POR has their own bus service with 4 stops which are a short walk no matter where your room is). IMO POR is a Delux resort on a MOD Budget. You never know....One trip and you may become a POR resident like me.

Upvote 0
I'd go for POR any time. My family has been staying there for nearly every trip since I was five. However, I'll be able to give a better review in a few weeks, as our stay at CBR starts tomorrow :sohappy: I personally prefer the Mansions at POR, since the gardens and fountains are so pretty and romantic. The only problem is atleast one time there were birds nesting in the gardens, and they would attack if you went near them.

Best of luck with choosing :wave:

Upvote 0

abe_bb

Well, we stayed at POR last year, and we loved it so much we are going back.

We looked at (and have financial capacity to) stay in a deluxe resort. But when it came down to it, we just had a wonderful time at Riverside, and wanted to go back there. It grew on us :)

The pools are wonderful, and fairly numerous. The layout can be a little tiresome if you are stuck in the "way back", but it also has a more flowing, less crowded feeling.

The bus service we had from there was top notch - a bus for each park every fifteen to twenty minutes (at most it took thirty minutes for the bus).

Our ONLY complaint was the resteraunt there - Boatwrights. We had a bad waitress. But otherwise the foodcourt was excellent, with great variety for both breakfast and supper.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

POR as everyone else says (though the rooms at CBR are larger, the bus system can get a bit obnoxious). Where you stay really depends on your party, I think. The mansions are great for adults, but I've always like alligator bayou--I think it's better for families with kids. It feels a bit more removed from central Florida to me. I really like having a room that is just as nice as the ones over in the mansions, but in an area themed to be much more...rustic. It's just a more fun theme to me.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

CBR was the first Disney resort we ever stayed in, and we loved it. We've since stayed at several others, and I must say that I am totally hooked on POR now (I prefer the mansions). As one of the previous posters said (Brian?), it's like staying at a deluxe at moderate prices. We're staying at the PopCentury when we go in May, but only because we'll need 2 rooms. After that, it's definitely back to our POR!

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

My favourite resort will always be the AKL, but I recently stayed at POR and I was pleasantly surprised. We were in the Bayou section (building 14) and we were close to everything (main bus stop, lobby etc...) so it was really great location-wise.

POFQ, while nice, was just a little bit too loud and, uh, pink, for DH and I so we wouldn't want to stay there... (although the beignets almost made me reconsider! :lol: ) It's possible to get the proximity that you can get out of POFQ by making a well-crafted room request - Ask Kingdom Konsultants to do that for you. I've never been placed out in the boondocks ever since I started using their services! :wave:

Upvote 0

Nicole

I love CBR. I have stayed at POR in the Alligator Bayou section and liked the trundle bed, but I love the beach at CBR. My kids like to play in the sand and I liked sitting in a hammock while they played.

Upvote 0

saltmom1

abe_bb said:
Well, we stayed at POR last year, and we loved it so much we are going back.

We looked at (and have financial capacity to) stay in a deluxe resort. But when it came down to it, we just had a wonderful time at Riverside, and wanted to go back there. It grew on us :)

The pools are wonderful, and fairly numerous. The layout can be a little tiresome if you are stuck in the "way back", but it also has a more flowing, less crowded feeling.

The bus service we had from there was top notch - a bus for each park every fifteen to twenty minutes (at most it took thirty minutes for the bus).

Our ONLY complaint was the resteraunt there - Boatwrights. We had a bad waitress. But otherwise the foodcourt was excellent, with great variety for both breakfast and supper.
I have stayed in the Alligator Bayou section and the mansions section of POR as well as CBR. I love CBR and would never go back to POR because of being put out way out of the way the last time. We had a 15 minute walk AFTER getting off the bus.
The food court and Boatwright's are much better than at CBR but IMO that is the only thing I like better.
It depends on what you like for theming, too.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

I've never stayed at CBR...

I just can't bring myself to leave POR. It's beautiful!

Definately get a Mansion... which you can request when you arrive. They are more convenient for walking to the food court (unless you get one of the bayou's close by). Try for Oak or Parterre as they are the closest.

One drawback may be the wait for a bus after the firework shows as many more people seem to stay at POR. You could just stay in the park until the crowds thin.

CBR usually only has about 3 people waiting for a bus...because not everyone likes sand...or walking 3 miles to the food court.:D

Also (people forgot to mention), POR has the piano dude....

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

POR would be my choice. I like both Alligator Bayou and the Mansions. I just love being there. We actually like POR better than a deluxe. We look at others to stay at again, but we would miss so many things we are used to at POR. The food court cannot be beat and I love the bar area with the "piano dude".

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom