CBR - Internal buses???

tor29c

Original Poster
Hi Folks! I went ahead and upgraded to the CBR Pirates Room and I've been reading about these internal buses but I'm not sure what that means. I do know we will be far from Old Port Royale which is where I think I will need to get my morning coffee. The distance doesn't concern me really but if I were to decide to take a bus from Trinidad to Port Royale will they be the same buses I would take to get to the parks or are they separate buses that don't leave the resort? I'd hate to confuse the two!! Thanks!

G00fyDad

Hi Folks! I went ahead and upgraded to the CBR Pirates Room and I've been reading about these internal buses but I'm not sure what that means. I do know we will be far from Old Port Royale which is where I think I will need to get my morning coffee. The distance doesn't concern me really but if I were to decide to take a bus from Trinidad to Port Royale will they be the same buses I would take to get to the parks or are they separate buses that don't leave the resort? I'd hate to confuse the two!! Thanks!

It has been a while since we stayed at CBR, but I believe there is a sign on the front of the bus that says "internal" or "Resort Shuttle".

G00fyDad

There is. I found a photo of one...
Disney's-Caribbean-Beach-Resort-Internal-Shuttle.jpg

Rob562

One thing to note though, is that on the internal shuttle going from Trinidad South to OPR the bus will loop through the entire resort, stopping at every other bus stop except one, before getting to OPR. That's just how the bus routes run.

But the good thing is that going *back* to Trinidad South from OPR you can get on *any* bus leaving OPR and you'll be the second stop. (Trinidad South is the final stop for the theme park buses before leaving the resort)

If you decide to walk, the walk from Trinidad South to OPR will range from 0.25 miles to almost 0.5 miles depending on where your room is located. If you're in a hurry, your fastest option might be to walk there and bus back.

-Rob

surfsupdon

The internal bus takes awhile to make all the stops, so you are almost ALWAYS getting someplace quicker if you walk.

I feel the Internal Resort Bus is more for people with limited mobility, but anyone can ride it.

And it is correct, remember to take ANY bus from OPR back to your room at Trinidad. Have fun

cslafferty

While we're on the subject of buses at CBR, I was wondering what the bus route is for the theme parks - what order are the stops? We will also be in a pirate room, and I've heard if you're waiting at the last stop the buses can be full before they get there and you may need to wait. This is our first stay at CBR, but that was an issue for us when we stayed at POR. Thanks!

Rob562

While we're on the subject of buses at CBR, I was wondering what the bus route is for the theme parks - what order are the stops? We will also be in a pirate room, and I've heard if you're waiting at the last stop the buses can be full before they get there and you may need to wait. This is our first stay at CBR, but that was an issue for us when we stayed at POR. Thanks!

If you look at a map of CBR, buses for the theme parks enter from the side gate off Victory Way, stop first in Jamaica and then proceed clockwise around the property, ending in Trinidad South.

I think Disney Springs buses enter the front gate and stop at Martinique first.

-Rob

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

What does the internal bus actually do that the specific park buses don't do? I've stayed at Old Key West and we just hopped on whatever park bus pulled up first and it always took us to the main hospitality area.

cslafferty

If you look at a map of CBR, buses for the theme parks enter from the side fate off Victory Way, stop first in Jamaica and then proceed clockwise around the property, ending in Trinidad South.

I think Disney Springs buses enter the front gate and stop at Martinique first.

-Rob
Good to know. That would make us the last stop, so we may be walking to another one of the stops!!

Rob562

What does the internal bus actually do that the specific park buses don't do? I've stayed at Old Key West and we just hopped on whatever park bus pulled up first and it always took us to the main hospitality area.

There are some Point-A-to-Point-B connections within CBR that the park buses cannot fulfill. For example, since Trinidad South is the last stop on the loop for the park buses, you can't use a park bus to get to OPR. You also can't use the Disney Springs bus to get to OPR since that would leave through the front entrance after it stops at Barbados(?).

I believe at OKW all buses stop at the Hospitality House twice, once on the way in and once on the way out. it can do that because the HH is right next to the entrance/exit point for the resort. At CBR the main area people want to be able to get to often is tucked in the middle of the resort, not near either of the entrance/exit points to the resort.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom