CBJ (uh, er... CB) DVD

prberk

Original Poster
I was really disappointed that at least the DVD (if not the VHS video) of the "Country Bears" video had no special feature about the original WDW CBJ attraction. I may have been naive, but I would at least have thought that, since the poster even claimed that it was (cringe) "based on Walt Disney World's Country Bear Jambouree," they would have included at least a featurette on the audioanimatronic attraction.

But NO... instead of real, existing footage of a favorite, we get... a fake "mockumentary" about the fake bears.

I know that the movie totally ignored its supposed source, but at least they could have included something on the DVD, if nothing else for its synergistic value as a travelogue and WDW commercial!!!!

Arggggh!!!

[P.S.: O.K., Griz. It's your turn. I know that I took your podium for a minute. :animwink: Let'm have it!! ]

WDWspider

I will say this... I was surprised I liked the movie as much as I did, although I still thought it was bad and a far cry from what it could have, or should have been. I bought it simply cause PoTC is looking soo great, and I know I will want to have all attraction movies if I buy one. I was certainly hoping that some references or a full feature on the shows would be included, of course I was hoping for the same in Back to the Future and Jurassic Park DVD's as well. BttF does have a quick "the all new ride coming soon to Universal Florida" but that's it.

I suppose we can assume PotC and HM will not include any attraction documentaries as well. :( Such a golden opportunity ... wasted.

blm07

I liked the movie, I think the reason why people didn't like it was becuase they didn't take it seriously. When I watched it alone, I was ok. But when I tried to watch it with my family, they were laughing and all crazy. It is sad that they didn't unclude any type of CBJ material.

General Grizz

Prberk..I guess I am okay with this compared to another thing.

On the Movie Surfers and several TV advertisements everyone gives the INSIDE SCOOP that the Country Bear Jamboree ATTRACTION was based on the movie.

Kinda like saying Walt Disney was based on a Partners Statue, right?? :rolleyes:

Yes; I would consider buying the DVD if they had the slightest mention. But I'll spend my time popping in my recordings of CBJ... ;)

I feel the same, prberk!! :fork: :fork: (However, it's neat to see kids run into the CBJ saying "I TOLD YOU there was a Country Bear Hall...) - even though it's Grizzly Hall - :p

imagineer boy

Originally posted by spider-man
I will say this... I was surprised I liked the movie as much as I did, although I still thought it was bad and a far cry from what it could have, or should have been. I bought it simply cause PoTC is looking soo great, and I know I will want to have all attraction movies if I buy one. I was certainly hoping that some references or a full feature on the shows would be included, of course I was hoping for the same in Back to the Future and Jurassic Park DVD's as well. BttF does have a quick "the all new ride coming soon to Universal Florida" but that's it.

I suppose we can assume PotC and HM will not include any attraction documentaries as well. :( Such a golden opportunity ... wasted.

They obviousely didn't include much because the movie did bad. I HM and PotC do good, they'll have loads of stuff on the DVD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom