CB, AofA or POR?

Herbst20

Original Poster
Kind of late to the game here planning a surprise Spring break (March 18-24) trip for my 7 and 5 year old. The 3 resorts we are looking at are CB, A of A (Suite), or POR.

Being late to the game the only rooms left at CB are the Pirate rooms and they are in Trinidad South correct? They seem like a long way from Old Port Royale for my little one to walk constantly too. If we choose POR, I imagine it would be a royal room (better theming). Obviously if we stay at A of A we would get a suite, but the packages are $950 more for the week. I know the rooms at A of A are bigger and give more room to roam, but is does it justify $950 more per week.

Thank you kindly!

Scott

Smiley/OCD

AoA is our go-to resort...family of 4 (54, 50, 20 & 18) and they still LOVE the atmosphere...with smaller children, they'll LOVE it too. I guess it all depends on your budget...if you can afford the extra $$, I'd go for it! (but then again, I'm biased) IMHO, it's the best themed resort on property for kids...100% Disney 24/7.

Minnie Mum

Pirate rooms only have double beds, due to the themed headboards, I believe. No way my DH would share a double bed. We've always preferred the Port Orleans resorts, and the mods over the value resorts - even AoA. But if you can justify the extra cost of the suite, having a separate bedroom does make life better when it comes to early bedtimes for the kids (parents can still stay up and watch a bit of TV).

Last edited:

Amos1784

My vote would definitely be for the suite just for the size aspect, the other rooms with 4 (even if they are littles) closes in REAL quick. AoA will give you that extra bathroom and two different TV areas.

I agree with the post above my husband and I neither are large people and sharing a double bed I think ended quite a bit ago, they are REALLY tight.

Another option All- Star music looks like they have suites for about 100$ less a night than AoA at that time. I'm not a huge All Star fan but could also work!

Herbst20

Original Poster
Thank for responses. Money is not an issue.

Based on your responses of the double beds we pretty much eliminated Caribbean Beach.

We stayed at AofA in October 2016 and loved it, but I have been reading great things about POR and it intrigued me. It made me question if AofA was worth $1k more for 7 nights.

While I dont know what we will end up picking it sounds like both are great resorts. Thank you kindly!

Herbst20

Original Poster
Well after thinking we eliminated CBR, we were able to get into a preferred room which made us reconsider. Getting our dining reservations booked now and counting down the days! 96 days out

imsosarah

Unless you plan on spending a ton of time in the room (more than parks) I was least impressed by AA out of the three. The rooms/halls were louder and overall I was disappointed I had spent more on what felt like a step back to get a kitchenette we never used anyway.

Loved POR and and CB but agree on distance.

My vote is POR!!

LeighM

I'm staying at CBR for the first time next year but POR will always be my favorite resort!! I love the relaxing atmosphere of the resort and the music they play throughout really sets the tone. And I really enjoy taking the boat to Disney Springs.

PplMover

Dixie Landings (POR) is my favorite resort on property. The lounge at night is awesome- if you appreciate Disney Springs- you can enjoy a boat ride
The grounds are also beautiful

CB - is HUGE - they did just refurb a lot, but if your in the wrong room be prepared to walk

AoA - IMO is nothing special, it’s a value resort level of grounds

Jedi Osborn

Hey there.
It's funny that this is a thread, because I have the same question for the same hotels for the same time frame. Although money IS a factor.
We've stayed at POR for our last 3 trips and we're thinking about going back to CB (haven't been there since 2014) But from what I'm reading its no longer its old self.
Is AoA worth the price? We don't spend a lot of time in the room, but with a family of 5,space would be nice. How's the food court area and *feel*? We like the atmosphere of PO, and the old CB
I would love to see CB again, but I'm afraid it's going to be disappointing in a "you can never go home again" kind of way.

Last edited:

Herbst20

Original Poster
My wife and I stayed at CB in 2011 prior to having kids and were in the Jamaica building. It worked well for us then. We made a return trip to Disney in 2016 with our kids 4,2 and chose the Lion King Suite at AofA (Building 10) . The extra room was really nice as we had 2 pop up strollers and also allow us to have a separate bedroom from the kids. The food court is nice but constantly busy and it took a long time to get food (especially from the Burger Stand). You may like AofA with 5 people in the room but it comes at a cost.

With being able to get into a preferred room at CB this upcoming trip, it made the decision for us. I have requested Martinique but we shall see. I am looking forward to seeing the changes that have been made at CB since 2011.

Disney.Mike

Kind of late to the game here planning a surprise Spring break (March 18-24) trip for my 7 and 5 year old. The 3 resorts we are looking at are CB, A of A (Suite), or POR.

Being late to the game the only rooms left at CB are the Pirate rooms and they are in Trinidad South correct? They seem like a long way from Old Port Royale for my little one to walk constantly too. If we choose POR, I imagine it would be a royal room (better theming). Obviously if we stay at A of A we would get a suite, but the packages are $950 more for the week. I know the rooms at A of A are bigger and give more room to roam, but is does it justify $950 more per week.

Thank you kindly!

Scott

If you had 5 people in the room, I could see paying the extra for a AoA suite, but if its you, your wife and 2 kids then POR or CB would be fine. Those kids are young and you may be surprised how easily they fall asleep even sharing a bed.

I'm a fan of CB, but it is a large resort that can entail quite a bit of walking. POR is also very nice, although I live in the NOLA metro so the theme and architecture arent really anything special to me. But we are staying at POR for our summer trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom