Catering to the Uber Rich

Jacob Marley

Being with 74 other wealthy folks? Sounds like interesting casual and dinner conversation to me! I’d be networking on top of that. One trait the wealthy have is to look for ways to get more rich. Usually looking for new business ventures and who knows ? Maybe a $110K per person vacation may lead to a business partnership.
Enjoy.

Lilofan

I'm pretty sure cruise ship staterooms now are at least as big as my dorm rooms Freshman and Sophomore year. And the stateroom at least has a private bathroom. I wouldn't want to permanently live in that small of space, but a year I could do.
And the college dorm rooms are not cleaned by housekeeping 2x a day like on a cruise ship.

pluto77

Even if it just ends up being rich people these likely won’t be “normal” rich people but rich ”Disney people”. Worst case scenario you end up talking about Disney and traveling the world the whole time, likely end up making friends with several Club 33 members and Golden Oaks residents… that could be advantageous.
Good point. Anyone who is attracted to this is going to be a Disney super-fan. Even if there is a group that “wins” a trip, they’ll likely be in good company and have a lot to talk about.

Jacob Marley

One trait the wealthy have is to look for ways to get more rich.
And in one sentence you have successfully summed up every major problem the world is facing right now, (thirsts are never quenched) but that is an entirely different subject.
I'll just say those are not the conditions for a once in a lifetime epic vacation in my book.

Jrb1979

Original Poster
For me the trip is the problem or the price. For me it's just another thing catering to the affluent crowd. It's fine they want to do these things but it would be nice they did things for the other end of the spectrum.

Lilofan

And in one sentence you have successfully summed up every major problem the world is facing right now, (thirsts are never quenched) but that is an entirely different subject.
I'll just say those are not the conditions for a once in a lifetime epic vacation in my book.
The Mouse needs more cheese and will gladly take anyones money. TWDC is developing new ways to get the wealthy to spend and it seems to be working. These slots to spend $110K no doubt will sell out.

Disstevefan1

I don’t have a problem with this. If someone’s got that kind of disposable income, good for them!

What if some/most/all will get COVID (a small price to pay) but I wonder how that works? Are they all sent to quarantine hotel mid trip?

My second question is, is Tim Tracker going? He can surely afford it but can he write this off as an expense too?

Tony the Tigger

For me the trip is the problem or the price. For me it's just another thing catering to the affluent crowd. It's fine they want to do these things but it would be nice they did things for the other end of the spectrum.
I don’t see how that makes sense on its face? The whole point of this is to get a lot of money from a few people all at one time. What is comparable on “the other end of the spectrum?“

maemae74

They do it's called their US resorts. Even their deluxe resorts are still really only upper middle class. That's why there was a need for the Four Seasons.
I don’t have a problem with this. If someone’s got that kind of disposable income, good for them!

What if some/most/all will get COVID (a small price to pay) but I wonder how that works? Are they all sent to quarantine hotel mid trip?

My second question is, is Tim Tracker going? He can surely afford it but can he write this off as an expense too?
That is some positive thinking!!

Last edited:

matt9112

$110K doesn't seem that out of line... traveling (I'm guessing) 25,000 miles in a "VIP-configured Boeing 757" with chef, physician, etc for just 75 people? All the meals, hotels, VIP park admission, transportation to and from all the destinations. $5000/day per person doesn't seem out of line for what someone would be getting.

It's not like 75 people are going get in anyone's way.

Personally, I like the idea of it, though I don't imagine I'd ever feel comfortable paying the money.

Now, if you want to talk carbon footprint...

Disney will buy some sham carbon credits for stoves in India or a forest here or there.

bhg469

I don't even think he can write that off. Who wants to see those people on this type of trip anyway.... I take that back. I'm sure lots of their loyal sheep would eat that up...

No Name

Tim probably makes a few hundred thousand a year, which is great, but not the level of rich I’d expect to jump for this. Especially because there’s no way they’d let him film. But even the thought of it is funny to me so I’d love to see it happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom