castmembers rude?

Beauty and the

I have never encountered a rude cast member and at the risk of being verbally abused sometimes all the niceness sort of gets on my nerves. After staying for three weeks on property I was feed up with people telling me to ENJOY evry time I bought a bottle of water and my face was hurting with all the smiling, Still it is only a once a year vacation!:animwink:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I really appreciate the niceness - I wish we had some of that niceness here in England. I miss it when I get back home.

:)

epcot71

ive been to disney many,many ,many times and have never had a cast member rude.i have maybe experienced one or two who were "straight faced" and not super happy but never rude.

i went to epcot oct of this year after all the layoffs and i thought we were going to find lots of ed off and nasty cms due to the fact that lots of their colleages were let go and we found just the opposite-they were all SUPER freindly and most went out thier way to make our trip DISNEY like:sohappy: :sohappy:

Maria

Originally posted by Beauty and the
I have never encountered a rude cast member and at the risk of being verbally abused sometimes all the niceness sort of gets on my nerves. After staying for three weeks on property I was feed up with people telling me to ENJOY evry time I bought a bottle of water and my face was hurting with all the smiling, Still it is only a once a year vacation!:animwink:

LOLOLOL!! :lol: Believe it or not, the first weeks after I arrived to work there, the biggest complain of my whole group was that our face hurt by smiling all day! I had forgotten about that and you just reminded me! :lol: After that, you simply get used to it! By the way, the smile is real! At least, mine was!! :)

NowInc

Originally posted by Beauty and the

LoL!!! "Have a Disney Day!"

god I hate that.....

Originally posted by Disneyowner182
have you ever had castmember be rude to you?

"Rude" is probably too strong a word to describe what happened. My wife, 4 year old, and I were in EPCOT recently. It was late in the afternoon. We were at the American Pavilion, and my son noticed that some painting was going on -- there was one child with (presumably) his father finishing up. My son wanted, very much, to paint -- one of his favorite activities. Those of you who have 4 year olds understand the phrase "wanted, very much."

My wife and son approached a CM to ask if he could paint. The request was refused in a way that was none of sympathetic, helpful, nor particularly nice. (I was not standing nearby at the time, this is my wife's account).

We did not have a problem with being told "no"; as I said it was late afternoon and the Kidcot stations were closing down and we expected to be denied. It was the delivery of the message that was un-disney-like. My wife was so taken aback at the message delivery that, after some discussion, we strongly considered writing a note to Disney about the event. After more discussion, and the fact that my wife didn't look at the CM's name tag, and we weren't well disposed towards going back to find her, only to report her.

Originally posted by NowInc

LoL!!! "Have a Disney Day!"

god I hate that.....

Am am pleased to report that I heard this particular quote only a handful of times during my recent, three week visit.

This phrase makes my teeth grate every time I hear it. (or read it, for that matter).

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I report rude CM's all the time... since they apparently don't care about their jobs, I'm sure they won't care when they lose them...

I do ask them if something is wrong though, and depending on the answer I will let them off the hook (but if the answer is "YOU" or nothing is wrong, then I report them... I'm not a total inconsiderate ..)

I make a major exception for smart@$$ CM's though, since I'm a smart@$$ myself, so I reply and shut them up :D

Maria

Originally posted by mktiggerman
I report rude CM's all the time... since they apparently don't care about their jobs, I'm sure they won't care when they lose them...

BRAVO!! :sohappy: I agree with you. With their attitude they ruin the whole experience... I reported one very rude old lady at MK once, and she had a "partners of excellence" pin.... :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom