Castle Lights vs. Country Bear Christmas

spectrodanny

so wait a minute let me get this straight. Getting the song licence renewed for the Bears is actaually EASIER then they make it sound but instead they opt to spend the $$$$ on some fancy lights for the castle????

WDWFigment

so wait a minute let me get this straight. Getting the song licence renewed for the Bears is actaually EASIER then they make it sound but instead they opt to spend the $$$$ on some fancy lights for the castle????

Right. Because it seems that more people will enjoy that.

Definitely not. It's not like WDW's management was faced with the question, "What should we do this year, procure the song licenses so we can show CBC or make a new lighting show?" The two decisions were almost certainly independent of one another. However now, management will likely point to the Castle lights to those who complain about no CBC in the interest of marketing.

bigtotoro

Definitely not. It's not like WDW's management was faced with the question, "What should we do this year, procure the song licenses so we can show CBC or make a new lighting show?" The two decisions were almost certainly independent of one another. However now, management will likely point to the Castle lights to those who complain about no CBC in the interest of marketing.
Obviously they could have done both. It was never an either/or. But the point of this thread is to choose one.

DougK

Castle lights, easy choice because the bears just don't do much for me.

But I can tell many of you do love thoe bears and I will admit to never having seen the Christmas version.

daliseurat

Umm it is a buffet..All you can eat..so how is that giving you less?

Just eat a hell of a lot more if you feel that they are ripping you off..

Hell..take a doggie bag and fill it up..:sohappy:

You show them...:rolleyes:

I just do not get why people constantly complain over and over again about WDW changing things or doing new things.

Of course I love things the way they are...I prefer Mr. Toad to Pooh and Horizons to Mission Space but thats the way it is..Im still going to go.

I do not stop changing my daughters diapers because Pampers go up $2.00.

Prices increase all the time...things do not stay the same...Change can be good people.

If you do not like it or think it is too expensive then do not go..I highly doubt that WDW will shut down because of it.

That is all..:wave:

Oh..and as for the original question..I like both but the lights will do..:)

Okay. Now that's FUNNY. You are right. I'm not getting less. I'll show them. I'll eat my fill, go throw up and do it again! :slurp: My lame wording kills my point. :hammer: I'm trying to just point out that Disney cuts corners and removes things we used to get to enjoy with replacing them, but finds more ways to get us to part with more of our money. I always spend more money at Disney when I feel most entertained. Last couple trips I barely spent any additional money.

I suppose what irks me as that they are raising the price of the buffet just for the HOLIDAYS. Just an example of Disney wringing more money from us. Their holiday cutbacks over the past few years has definitely put me in the "I won't go" camp.

I don't mind change, it's neccesary. But I don't like having things taken away without a better replacement. Country Bears Christmas is an attraction. If they want to shut it down, fine. Just give me something better.

And not that my complaints to WDW over the phone or mail are of tremendous significance, but I do usually get followup calls and offers of discounts and free passes to smooth over my complaints. So I'd say they do care about our grievances when they are brought to their attention. So I definite urge anyone who isn't happy with something at the parks to write letters.

jakeman

I want BOTH...its what Walt would have done!
How do you know that?

daliseurat said:
I've written to Disney before about this and informed them that I will take my money to Disneyland where they DO understand about making Christmas wonderful.
That'll show 'em! Good thing the money doesn't end up in the same company bank account...:ROFLOL:

I do get what you are saying though, by spending your money at DLR instead of WDW you prefer the Disney experience that DLR provided over WDW. I'm not sure the Disney bean counters will care though.

maggiegrace1

Okay. Now that's FUNNY. You are right. I'm not getting less. I'll show them. I'll eat my fill, go throw up and do it again! :slurp: My lame wording kills my point. :hammer: I'm trying to just point out that Disney cuts corners and removes things we used to get to enjoy with replacing them, but finds more ways to get us to part with more of our money. I always spend more money at Disney when I feel most entertained. Last couple trips I barely spent any additional money.

I suppose what irks me as that they are raising the price of the buffet just for the HOLIDAYS. Just an example of Disney wringing more money from us. Their holiday cutbacks over the past few years has definitely put me in the "I won't go" camp.

I don't mind change, it's neccesary. But I don't like having things taken away without a better replacement. Country Bears Christmas is an attraction. If they want to shut it down, fine. Just give me something better.

And not that my complaints to WDW over the phone or mail are of tremendous significance, but I do usually get followup calls and offers of discounts and free passes to smooth over my complaints. So I'd say they do care about our grievances when they are brought to their attention. So I definite urge anyone who isn't happy with something at the parks to write letters.
:lol:

Things are always going to get more expensive..whether at WD or in Real life..;)

People are still going to pay regardless also so why not?:shrug:

I am always entertained when I go to WDW..it is my "Home away from Home" and regardless of what they change whether I like it or not there is still so much to see and do that will never change what it does for me.

I am still happy sitting on Main Street drinking my $3 bottle of water, making fun of the way people dress...:lookaroun:D and just enjoying being there.

I do get what you are saying to a point...but there are always new things coming up at WDW and just because they are not doing the christmas show does not mean that other things are not coming that will be just as good or better.

They are doing the Castle lights and light show and while some may like it better then CBJ others do not..you can not please everyone..someone will always complain.

As for the raising the price for the holidays..well a lot of places do that and a lot more things may be offered and they may serve a lot more people so that may be why they are doing it.

I also did not mean that they do not care about the guests and the complaints..

I just meant that the fact that you said Disneyland was superior probably was not such a huge deal to them..people compare them all the time and if you prefer DL to WDW well then thats what you prefer..I doubt that would make them run out and change eveything that people complain about just because someone says that.

Thats all I meant.

:wave:

daliseurat

:lol:

I also did not mean that they do not care about the guests and the complaints..

I just meant that the fact that you said Disneyland was superior probably was not such a huge deal to them..people compare them all the time and if you prefer DL to WDW well then thats what you prefer..I doubt that would make them run out and change eveything that people complain about just because someone says that.

Thats all I meant.

:wave:

From what I understand, there are two very separate MANAGEMENTS for WDW and DL. And they are in competition for company support, funding, etc. So, while DISNEY may not care where I spend my money, the actual resort management does. And you are probably right, they aren't going to run out and change everything we complain about. But if we don't complain and keep coming back, they are much more likely to keep taking things away. On another note, I also try to write letters and stop by City Hall to pass along compliments of things and cast members that contributed to my fun. And I especially like to point out things that they did that made me come to the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom