Castle decorations coming down?

teebin

Original Poster
Is Disney going to remove the HCOE decorations on the MK castle or will they become permanent like the wand at Epcot?

Skippy

I hope they at least take down that awful thing in the front. Other than that, i really liked what they added.
(the wand on the other hand...)

donaldfan

They need to take them off. Why would Cinderella attach gold statues of characters from other Disney movies to her castle?

:hammer:

I like it Cake/Character free!

nyy102

I truly hope that the castle is returned to its full glory, but, having seen what celebrations do to other icons (cough wand cough), I honestly don't know. It would truly be a travesty if they did not take the HCOE decorations off of the castle, and it would also mean that the Tree of Life would be the only unmarred park icon.

darthjohnny

I love both the mirror and the gold decorations! I hope they leave them up. Many people I've talked to say the castle looks more spectacular with everything up.

Swamp Fox

They should take down the golden characters (except Tink). They should definitely take down the mirror and golden bunting around the castle. However leave up the gold accents around the castle spires.

Swamp Fox

hokielutz

I really like the gold trimmings, but the giant mirror needs to go.

Sorry... but I think it really takes away from the castle when the first thing you notice about the castle is this giant oval thing right in the middle of it.

If the gold does come down, I am happy with that too.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
dopey said:
I'd like to see the castle in plaid.

I was thinking they should try Polka Dots next year...:lookaroun

Maybe the year after that they could just paint mouse ears all over the thing in various neon colors.

TheDisneyMagic

I personally love the decorations that they have installed on the castle for the HCOE, but, I would still like to see them removed and the castle restored at the end of the celebration as it doesn't make sense for "Cinderella" Castle to be full of characters from other films and stories.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Swamp Fox said:
They should take down the golden characters (except Tink). They should definitely take down the mirror and golden bunting around the castle. However leave up the gold accents around the castle spires.

Swamp Fox
I agree with you.

The Tinkerbelle could stay, reminiscent of the old TV show opening sequence.

The mirror has GOT to go.

kag1984

I think I had read on one of the DLP sites that for DLP's Birthday next year there would be gilded characters adorning the castle. So I wonder if they will take down the decorations from MK and transport them to DLP to decorate their castle.

tnemgif

Swamp Fox said:

Swamp Fox

I'm going to have to second (or third) this opinion. I love the spire glitter spiral, the drapery, and the Tinker Bell. Everything else should go, especially the garland and the mirror!

tirian

^^ That's the most likely scenario.

Imagineers have complained that the mirror and characters, especially the Peter Pan statues around the uppermost tower, destroy the castle's forced perspective.

Based on the latest artwork being released, I think that all the decorations are coming down. I hope so! The gold gilding is pretty, but also too difficult to maintain.

The current Cinderellabration stage props, however, will remain. I guess we'll just get to keep watching the golden-colored paper peel off the set pieces! ;)

tirian

drumbum67 said:
I'm going to have to second (or third) this opinion. I love the spire glitter spiral, the drapery, and the Tinker Bell. Everything else should go, especially the garland and the mirror!

Sorry, but the plastic "drapery" doesn't excite me. Of course, that could be because I ran into it! :hammer: :lol:

tnemgif

darthjohnny said:
Why does everyone hate the mirror? It's cool.
I agree that the mirror is neat/cool, but I think it detracts from the castle's plain beauty. A little smaller and better worked into the castle and I think the mirror would have been a great idea...that's just my meaningless opinion:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom