Castaway Cay Hotel

stuart

Although the likelyhood of this ever happening is pretty small do you think that Disney would ever make a hotel on castaway cay and the main condition being that only a small number of guests can stay there.

They could be flown down on a small plane from orlando. Im sure there would be plenty of people who would pay to be on a fairly private island. And then you could also have the disney experience while being there.

I think we would probably end up being there.

What do you think?

Hurricane

Its too much of a niche vacation, the high roller that wants a private island isn't going to want to go to disney, they'll book it thru their Visa Signature concierge. Besides disney is synonymous with kids/family, something a vacationing vip wouldn't want

Upvote 0

Lauren

Dear Disney,

Disney you had better not build a hotel on CC.
Stop cutting down trees. Wildlife needs a place to live.
Stop it, Stop it, Stop it. Disney I just don't understand it. You built Animal Kingdom to teach people to be more responsible about the environment but you self go and destroy it. How can you teach people to be more responsibe when you can't even set a good example. Just my opinion. Please don't flame me.

:fork: :cry:

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Hurricane
Its too much of a niche vacation, the high roller that wants a private island isn't going to want to go to disney, they'll book it thru their Visa Signature concierge. Besides disney is synonymous with kids/family, something a vacationing vip wouldn't want

I agree with you. Having a huge cruiseship full of families stopping by it some days of the week, wouldn´t make the island that "private" :animwink: ....and honestly, seeing Mickey and friends there is not the kind of vacation I would expect a high roller to book (unless it was Michael Jackson, of course :rolleyes: ) :animwink:

Upvote 0

kennyj29

I had heard quite awhile ago that that island has PLENTY of room. and that only a tiny portion of it is for the cruise. I also heard that a hotel was eventually planned for there but on the other side of the island that wouldn't interfere with the cruise ships. I don't see a problem with that because there would still be plenty of space for the habitat. I know Disney wouldn't destroy the whole island for visitors, they would never do that!

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by kennyj29
I had heard quite awhile ago that that island has PLENTY of room. and that only a tiny portion of it is for the cruise. I also heard that a hotel was eventually planned for there but on the other side of the island that wouldn't interfere with the cruise ships. I don't see a problem with that because there would still be plenty of space for the habitat. I know Disney wouldn't destroy the whole island for visitors, they would never do that!

On the other hand... they could drop and pick up guests and take them to the 'secluded' hotel area with private bungalows and nothing else to do for a few days.... hhmmmm... not my kind of vacation, but for some people it is.

Make up your mind Maria! :D ;)

Upvote 0

westie

Nothing large and intrusive, like bungalos or what not. I would enjoy cruising out there, staying a couple days then hopping a ship back. Great way to escape the calamity of the parks.

Upvote 0

ddbutts1

Don't think it will eve happen, the island doen't have power transmission lines to it. I don't think people would like to sleep listening to very large generators running all night. Not to mention the desalation plant that would have to be built.

Upvote 0

stuart

Original Poster
That is a true point about the island having no power which is why the ships are scheduled to leave at 5pm. The island so far has not been destroyed by disney in anyway. If you look at the island so much has been untouched and the only parts that have are the fringes the beside a few of the beaches. The cost of running power to the island would be too great a cost i think for them to set up a hotel, though it would proably eventually pay for itself.

Upvote 0

westie

Side note: Castaway Cay was a drug runners island before the US goverment shut it down and Disney took over. Hardly an untouched island, more like bikini atol. Even the sand was imported...

Upvote 0

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
January trip in the planning stages

Okay everyone, looks like the Wife and I just decided to make our next trip to WDW in Jan. 04. So, first of all, who else will be there the first week of Jan?

(2) Anyone there locally who can tell us what the night life on Boardwalk will be like? (we were last there in Jan. this year, and there was a lot of refurb going on, so everything seemed pretty slow). And we know that Jan. is a slow time of year, (after New Years, that is) at the parks.

(3) And any specials coming up thru KK that we should know about for that time period? We're looking to bump from All Star Sports to maybe Cont. or Poly for a night or 2. Wife hasn't stayed at either yet, and I'd love to surprise her.

And if any other members out there will be there, let us know. We'd love to meet up just to say hello.

Thanks,

Brian and Rachel.

Upvote 0

djmatthews

Talking of private islands, when I was last at WDW in 01, a CM at AK told me that they wanted to turn Discovery Island into a private Honeymoon retreat type place with private villas and so on.

Upvote 0

Ijones88

Thats what Little Palm Island in the Keys is for.....the high rollers, although I did get to stay there a few nights in 1992 when the prices were a little cheaper than they are now. No phones, no TV, no radios...just total relaxation and gourmet food.

Upvote 0

mwitkus

when hubby and i were on the cruise last year we were just wishing the ship would stay docked for a couple of days. no need to build on the island - just schedule a cruise that stays for a few days to really allow the guests to enjoy the island! that would be perfect for me!

Upvote 0

kal1484

Originally posted by djmatthews
Talking of private islands, when I was last at WDW in 01, a CM at AK told me that they wanted to turn Discovery Island into a private Honeymoon retreat type place with private villas and so on.

I think I remember something about that....I don't remember WHERE I read it, but I heard about it. It was prolly here on magic. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom