Castaway Cay for a 12 year old

bow0303

Original Poster
We're travelling with our 12 and 8 y/o boys. The adults want to go to Serenity Bay but we need to find somewhere for our boys to hang out while we do that. Scuttles Cove doesn't appear to be something my 12 y/o would be into but the teen beach says you have to be 13. Is there a place that a 12y/o can go?

ChuckElias

Wow, that's a great question, bow. It's been a long time since I had a kid in that age group. Does the Oceaneers' Lab operate on Castaway Cay? I want to say that it does, but I'm just not sure. Other than that, I'm not aware of a designated space for 12-year-olds.

Hmmm, after looking at the DCL website, it looks like they might put the 12-year-olds into Scuttle's Cove. You could ask at Guest Services to have him at the teen beach, but I don't know if they'd allow it. Sorry I can't be any more help than that.

bow0303

Original Poster
Thanks for answering. I saw the same thing you did which is why I was not sure. Its almost like they forgot about that age. :)

Phonedave

It's not just a DCL thing, but when my kids were younger I used to notice it everywhere. My oldest are 2 years apart. Every place (cruises, parks, resorts) seems to draw a line in the sand "at this age you go here, below this age you go there". Kids mature at different rates, and what one 12 year old likes may not be what an other 12 year old likes. Not to mention the fact that some siblings like to be together. They should really overlap age ranges. Option A is for 8 to 14. Option B is for 12 to 16 (Or whatever the ages are). DCL does have a bit of leeway with sibligs, but there should also be a little leeway to account for the different rates that kids mature.

--dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom