Castaway Cay Challenge

dreamfinder

I wonder if like normal group bookings for tours and such, runDisney gets one "free" cruise slot for every X number of runners they get to sign up. Not to mention the runDisney staff that will be needed to "work" this event. Must be a nice vacation, especially since others are paying for it.

216bruce

A few thoughts: It used to be free. It's a horribly boring course as the 'loop' seems endless and most notably it's hot and humid. I've been less tired after running a 10k. The medal is nicer, but that's about it.

Ariel484

Original Poster
A few thoughts: It used to be free. It's a horribly boring course as the 'loop' seems endless and most notably it's hot and humid. I've been less tired after running a 10k. The medal is nicer, but that's about it.
Word-for-word, my feelings exactly.

ETA: although I should point out that, as of July 2014 it was still free. Maybe it'll stay that way for any non-"Challenge" CC5K. I still don't ever want to do it again and certainly would not pay to do it.

Mad Stitch

It would be nice for them to at least do different ribbons/lanyards for each new challenge. I can't see them doing new medals since what, 100 people do this?

I'm guessing it's going to be like the C2C medals. They cast the medals in mass quantities to make them cheap, and then just print new ribbons each year.

atrus79

Word-for-word, my feelings exactly.

ETA: although I should point out that, as of July 2014 it was still free. Maybe it'll stay that way for any non-"Challenge" CC5K. I still don't ever want to do it again and certainly would not pay to do it.

As of a few weeks ago (September 26th to be exact), it was still free when I ran it at the end of an Eastern Caribbean cruise. I think the real 'challenge' is two parts ... the first is being able to pay for Disney World, then the Disney cruise and the second is being able to take the time off from work for both the challenges ;)

Seriously though ... I can just see the 'challenge medal' being awarded to runners who are running after half marathons ... I can't imagine they would start charging for that course alone for everyday cruisers. With that said, I wouldn't mind earning that medal next May when we go on our next cruise! :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom