Cast Member Wages

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Because there is no true balance on the prices of things.. as no one pays those prices, hence there is little pushback on what the prices are.. the system is a runaway train at this point. Same thing is happening with Education... where because everyone is paying with federally backed loans instead of what people can actually bear.. there is little pressure on pricing.

Its why if you have college aged kids right now, you are looking at 10-40k a year for school. How is anyone who makes 50k and less supposed to even be able to approach those kinds of numbers?
Supply and demand? If people pay it, that means it's not priced high enough. Or something.

Siren

im sorry hen but I forgot that individuals such as your arrogant self believe that people should modify their natural parlance to satisfy their imperialist leanings. But its good to know you are as selective in your outrage as you are in every other Disney funded piece of your sad little life.
but laughing at you as always.
LOL. I am on *top* of the world right now. Not only I am totally winning but I am genuinely happy. And, no part of my good rewarding life is funded by Disney.

There is no outrage, selective or otherwise directed toward you, Pumbas. And, I am not singling you out. But, this is a serious topic and one of the best discussion(s) I have ever seen on this forum.

I don't want you to modify your "natural" parlance. I just don't want people to feel ashamed to voice their opinion on this.

Oh, and the feeling is totally mutual. I always get a good laugh at you, as well. Now, it looks like things are finally back on topic again. So, buh-bye.

blueboxdoctor

What are the wages of a cast member? Really, other than being in WDW, I don't think all CM jobs require much experience (obviously there are those that do and I do acknowledge that dealing with people is also a skill, but the thing is, they know there are roles that aren't that difficult to replace and there will be someone else willing to take that spot). But working at a counter service doesn't require much in terms of skills and I'd imagine if you land a job in a restaurant you are making a decent amount in tips.

Matt_Black

I'd imagine if you land a job in a restaurant you are making a decent amount in tips.

Having known many people who have worked in restaurant service...

giphy.gif

Siren

It doesn't surprise me that you would find a thread, where some individuals exhibit their prejudices and bigoted opinions, appealing.
Ouch! Why would you say something like this? I thought we were finally making progress. That is totally false. I am not prejudiced or bigoted toward anyone nor do I find this kind of thing *appealing*. And, I'm so glad you don't find it appealing either. I will always fight for the underdog.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ouch! Why would you say something like this? I thought we were finally making progress. That is totally false. I am not prejudiced or bigoted toward anyone nor do I find this kind of thing *appealing*. And, I'm so glad you don't find it appealing either. I will always fight for the underdog.
And I never said you were, but I was implying you strike me as someone who would enjoy car crash TV or the Kardashians.

Siren

And I never said you were, but I was implying you strike me as someone who would enjoy car crash TV or the Kardashians.
Neither. I don't even like TV. I promise you can insult me in Scottish another time and in another thread, just not this one. Goodbye, Pumbas.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Its why if you have college aged kids right now, you are looking at 10-40k a year for school. How is anyone who makes 50k and less supposed to even be able to approach those kinds of numbers?

It's called debt. (a/k/a) student loans, credit cards, 2nd mortgages etc.. And it is exactly what they want you to do.

I agree that the system is a runaway train. That being said there is no price "too high" to pay as long as you give people the option to finance it or go into debt to obtain it. It's why we're in the problem we are today. But that's what you get with fractional reserve banking. It encourages people to live well beyond their means. There are bubbles that are being artificially propped up that cannot be propped up indefinitely. At some point they are just going to burst.

jloucks

... You realize it doesn't always work like that? It's not like people actually mail out forms to the stork and he shows up 9 months later?
Yea, I get it. You have the planers and thinkers who take parenting classes and read parenting books and finish their higher education and land a good job and stop just short of mailing out forms (me), and then you have the, um, rest.

Pesky babies always popping out out when you least expect them.

Goofyernmost

Yea, I get it. You have the planers and thinkers who take parenting classes and read parenting books and finish their higher education and land a good job and stop just short of mailing out forms (me), and then you have the, um, rest.

Pesky babies always popping out out when you least expect them.
Well, they do know what causes that now, so it really shouldn't be a problem should it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom