Cast member trip to DL!

Chernabog

Original Poster
Hello all, My friends and I are taking a trip to Disneyland in August. We've already booked a room at the Disneyland hotel but since we're cast members we want to know all the "secret" fun stuff that regular guests miss. You know, the little things that make Disney so great. We're really excited to see all the 50th stuff.
So what should we do and what can't we miss? Any trip planning tips you can give us would be great. Also, what are the crowds like towards the end of August. Thanks alot!

netenyahoo

Crowds are big around Labor Day. Last summer was super crowded because of the 50th and this summer is expected to be crowded again because of the big Pirates marketing push.

You may want to take the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour as the guides will tell you some interesting things about the park and you will get to go into the Club 33 lobby and go behind the scenes at the Tiki Room, etc.

I'd recommend taking a trip in the canoes. Ask a CM at the Mark Twin if you can ride with the captain. Have a fun time and give DCA a chance.

Chernabog

Original Poster
Thanks for the info so far. We were already considering the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour but will probably sign up now.

What a beautiful train! And a fantastic website as well. What exactly does a Lilly Belle pass get you? Access to the train? Thanks for the info and the new website. Anything else we should know?

MainSt1993

The Lilly Belle was Walt's private car on one of the trains. Now it's generally just for Club 33 guests, but they do have passes at guest relations and tend to take good care of folks from other parks.

This Cast-Create-A-Pin will be availble when you get there: http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=17190 One of my best friends is the designer. Shoot him an email and he may be able to get you a signed proof from the release event they're doing.

Other things not to miss: Pirates, Mansion, Space, Matterhorn, Car Toon Spin, ToT, Screamin', and *my* favorite - the roof deck bar at Ariel's Grotto. For shows, Believe, Block Party Bash, Aladin, and Fantasmic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom