Cast member salute

Marijil

Original Poster
Hey, i was just reading someones raves about the Rose and Crown and an idea hit me.....Steve, I hope you read this....how about a thread category for people to post thanks and kudos to specific cast members who really made their trip memorable......i could be wrong but i think its a good idea, it would counter balance some of the negative stuff and allow guests to post their appreciation for all to see....any one have any thoughts?

Timmay

I have something...much to the chagrin and despair of some, I am sure.

We were at the the MK a couple of years ago in January...our son was reading Cinderella in school and the teacher gave him a daunting assignment indeed, get a picture with, AND, interview Cinderella. Whew.

We knew we could pull of the picture...maybe, but the interview, we didn't have high hopes. We talked to the first CM we ran across on main street...and this kind woman, girl, really, did everything in her power to make it all happen. I won't go into all of the details, but she was fantastic...as was Cinderella, who gave our son a good 3-5 minutes of interview time. I know it is something I will never forget and always be thankful for.

So :p

Craig & Lisa

:) ours has been the same for at least the last 5 years, in the main street barber shop, her name is Maura, she was in a special article in the DM before it died, and to prove that she is the best, one year she was out on a medical leave, (shoulder surgery ) so we were kind of celebrating my wife's birthday on this trip, we had had breakfast at 1900 park fare in the GF and as we were walking out my wife had on her birthday pin and a woman had said happy birthday to her when my wife had suddenly noticed that it was her. She recognized my younger son right away, then my older son as well, we even have a picture with her that day, she talked with all of us as though we were all very good neighbors. I have one regret though, I have yet to send any picture's to her that I said I would, she is truely a GEM, and will always be on the top of the list along with someone else who I'll have to talk about in a later post, Her's to you Maura:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :D

tn1999

Timmay said:
I have something...much to the chagrin and despair of some, I am sure.

We were at the the MK a couple of years ago in January...our son was reading Cinderella in school and the teacher gave him a daunting assignment indeed, get a picture with, AND, interview Cinderella. Whew.

We knew we could pull of the picture...maybe, but the interview, we didn't have high hopes. We talked to the first CM we ran across on main street...and this kind woman, girl, really, did everything in her power to make it all happen. I won't go into all of the details, but she was fantastic...as was Cinderella, who gave our son a good 3-5 minutes of interview time. I know it is something I will never forget and always be thankful for.

So :p

I would just like to say that Main Street CMs are a hardy bunch. They deal with people entering, exiting, and parade traffic. I used to work at the Emporium... OMG... high volume store in a high volume area.. its crazy. Emporium/Main Street CMs are the best (skilled, talented, etc. when it comes to guest service)--> i of course compare emporium on this level to its competition.. Mouse Gear. (World of Disney doesnt count because there is no gate.. and its the size of Texas)

GoldenFantasmic

waltsbiggestfan said:
I must post this time Conchetta at Peter pan she is great!!!!!

I know who your talking about. I work with her almost every day and she is an awesome cast member who truly loves what she does.:sohappy:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have got to agree an all positive section praising those people that bust there butt to keep the magic alive.

tink_sox

tn1999 said:
I would just like to say that Main Street CMs are a hardy bunch. They deal with people entering, exiting, and parade traffic. I used to work at the Emporium... OMG... high volume store in a high volume area.. its crazy. Emporium/Main Street CMs are the best (skilled, talented, etc. when it comes to guest service)--> i of course compare emporium on this level to its competition.. Mouse Gear. (World of Disney doesnt count because there is no gate.. and its the size of Texas)

Yay for Main Street CP's!!! (former Main Street'er myself)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Marijil said:
Hey, i was just reading someones raves about the Rose and Crown and an idea hit me.....Steve, I hope you read this....how about a thread category for people to post thanks and kudos to specific cast members who really made their trip memorable......i could be wrong but i think its a good idea, it would counter balance some of the negative stuff and allow guests to post their appreciation for all to see....any one have any thoughts?

Hi Guys, There is now a dedicated area for this at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom