Cars Clone At Test Track - Speculation

Eyorefan

If Disney announced that Speedway was changing to Cars Land, you would all be up in arms on how its more Pixar-fication and it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland.quote]

Well, you're wrong there. I don't think the speedway really fits with Tomorrowland as it is, so throwing "Cars" over it won't make that much of a differance to me.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If the latest news was that the Speedway was being turned into a field of grass only for DVC owners i'd still be happy. I hate the stupid speedway.

Kman101

They should really redo the Speedway at the MK to Cars. It would be a good gap bridger between tomorrowland and toontown ALTHOUGH I think it would "fit" better at the Studios

Adison Belle

What, you can't see a "Lightning McQueen Special Edition Corvette C8" or a "Tow Mater Chevy Silverado 1500 with Tow Package"?

:lol:

What about this:

maybe like one car could be Lightning McQueen or Tow Mater.

Or maybe, they could make all the cars be cars characters, but they'd make it seem like GM made those cars. Does that make sense? Can they do that? I don't know, don't slay me, just an idear. :shrug:

Adison Belle

I know this is a site for disney world, and I never did ride the speedway ride in MK at DW, but at the one in DL, while you wait in line, you watch these little videos featuring cars doing cute things. I always assumed (and yes, I know never to do that) that those videos were what sort have inspired cars because those cars are sort have animated like Lightning McQueen and they look alike. (I know what you're thinking-they're cars, it's not hard to make them look alike) But, yeah, I always thought maybe that was what inspired the movie, am I wrong?

DisneyNeighbor

If there was going to be any changes to test track. I vote they need to make the outside longer. More ride time at high speeds would be great. As for a Cars overlay. Hey anthing can happen.

Now the Speedway sounds like a good idea.
I bet they have enough land with the speedway and on the other side of the tracks to build a entire carsland.

Master__Gracey

I don't understand why they didn't already put Cars on the speedway? It would be easy and cheap. All they'd really need to do is change the little overlays on the cars themselves and maybe add some tractors with a little lighting or smoke effects at their "noses". Add a little video for the line and you have a story of chasing around a country road for mater and being chased by tractors. Simple, cheap, more interesting.

the-reason14

Agreed, the speedway imo is all for the kids who want that thrill of racing or driving a car and until they get old enough to do it, it will be popular to them.

Gantu

Original Poster
Good talk everyone

Glad to see my thoughts prompted some chatter. A good healthy debate/discussion is a good way to float ideas.

On that note, I agree with the more cost-effective/kid friendly update to the MK cars. Sounds like it's only a matter of time.

Brian_WDW74

If Disney announced that Speedway was changing to Cars Land, you would all be up in arms on how its more Pixar-fication and it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland.

The simple answer to this would be to shift the entrance a little bit so that people would enter either from Fantasyland or ToonTown. Then just stop calling it a Tomorrowland attraction. DL got away with it with the Matterhorn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom