Carribean Beach or Port Orleans (Riverside)

JaSnake16

Hey havent posted for a while but just looking for opinions on which resort is better to suggest. My wife and I normally stay at one of the deluxe resorts but are just looking for a quick 4 day gettaway in October without spending a ton as we have a baby on the way. I found some decent prices on these two resorts and I actually stayed at both of them quite some years ago. Anything change here, how do they match up. Any help is gladly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tinkerbella16

I have stayed at both CBR and POR, and I would suggest going with POR. It is my favorite wdw resort that I've stayed in so far. If it is just you and your wife, POR would be perfect! Just stayed at POR last year so can't really say anything about changes, and CBR's main pool is currently undergoing a major refurbishment (not sure when it is scheduled to be done). We really weren't too fond of CBR, and probably won't stay there again. Both resorts are big, but CBR just doesn't have the charm that POR has. From the horse and carriage rides you can take, to the boat to DTD...we loved this and used the boat to DTD almost every night last year. It was so relaxing. We had a room in Alligator Bayou Bldg #24, kinda far from the main building, but we had a bus stop right outside of our room... I fell in love with the rooms there, they are just so cute. I would def choose POR over CBR anyday. The grounds are gorgeous!

Upvote 0

rickmusic53

Port Orleans French Quarter

My family and I stay at the Port Orleans French Quarter. We love it there and are planning to go back again this year (2009). We go everywhere and have stayed at many of the resorts and we've decided that French Quarter is the only place for us.

Upvote 0

tinkerblonde11

I have to say definitely POR. It s my families favorite resort. You get wonderful accomodations so you feel like your in a deluxe resort for a moderate cost.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Caribbean Beach is just underway with a major refurb, including the rooms. The pool area is very close to opening, some rooms are done, and others are being done on a building by building basis. Something to consider when making your choice. :)

Upvote 0

westie

CBR has better bus service. Last visit all other resorts were being picked up at the parks except PO. Every night we were 4 rows deep while all others were empty. Over an hour wait for a bus. And CM's walking arround scratching their heads(and tails!) So, catch a bus to another resort, have a drink and catch the next bus....

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

My rating is
1. POFQ
2. POR
3. CBR

Have stayed at all three but only return frequently to POFQ. Well-themed, beautiful grounds. It is so much smaller than the other moderates, that a walk to the food court, shop, bus stop, etc. is no longer than a couple of minutes. It's our favorite moderate. We are going in 30 days and had a chance to stay at WL, where we had stayed in summer, but decided to go to POFQ this trip just because we miss it!

Upvote 0

gettingsmaller

Are there boats to DTD from French Quarter as well?
To the OP-I think the new pool at CB (as well as the new rooms) might be ineresting.

The one time we tried to take the boat to DTD from POR, it stopped at POFQ on the way. So, I'd say that POFQ does have boat service to DTD. Unfortunately, some lightning popped up and we ended up having to go back to POFQ and get a bus to DTD (what a pain! When you're halfway there already, you feel like "what's the point of turning around NOW?" oh, well).

As a side note, I looked around at POFQ during my brief visit, and it was pretty neat--and more compact than POR. I'd like to try POFQ, but I've got 5 people to cram into a room...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom