Carousel of Progress?

vikkisicky

Original Poster
What is this Carousel of Progress about?? What is it? What does it do? Where in MK is it?

Should MGM and MK be busy on May 26-28?? If so how busy if not how long should the lines be for the POPULAR Rides????

Tom

Beta Return
vikkisicky said:
What is this Carousel of Progress about?? What is it? What does it do? Where in MK is it?

Should MGM and MK be busy on May 26-28?? If so how busy if not how long should the lines be????

Carousel of Progress is a rotating theater that takes you thru the different eras of society and technology in a traditional American Household. It's a great show, inspired by Walt himself. It is in Tomorrowland in the MK. I'm not sure if it will be open when you go, or what crowds are like.

kraffty

We have been a few times in the middle of May, and the lines were very light. Popular attraction wait times rarely exceeded 15 min.

crazycalf

kraffty said:
We have been a few times in the middle of May, and the lines were very light. Popular attraction wait times rarely exceeded 15 min.

Yeah but may 26-28 is memorial day weekend the first 2 days. I would assume that at least sunday and monday would be kind of busy.

I think the only detail left out was that this show utilizes the art of audio aniamatronics (AAs), you know, the robotic figures often used in disney attractions. The theature rotates to bring you to the next scene in the story of progress. At the very least it's interesting and a nice way to relax and cool off. The show I think lasts about 20 minutes.

aimster

Carousel of Progress was an attraction Walt Disney himself helped create. It was originally used in the 1964-65 World's Fair (Walt created several attractions for the various pavillions, including It's a Small World). After the fair, Carousel of Progress was moved to Disneyland, where it played until I think 1972 or 1973, when it was replaced with America Sings (my fave Disney show ever). Carousel of Progress was then moved to WDW, where it still stands today. I've read it is the longest running theatre show in history. It's a good show with a fun theme song ("There a Great, Big Beautiful Tomorrow").

Expo_Seeker40

Hehe I love stuff like this.

Yea my two cents in a nut shell.

The carousel of progress is a ride/show/attraction in the magic kingdom's tomorrowland at walt disney world. Inside the carousel of progress, you [the audience] sit inside the famous carousel theater, and the theater, like a carousel, REVOLVES around the stage, hence the ride's name.

The show lasts about 20 minutes. You "travel" through time to see the progress of society and electricty of a "typical" :) American family, represented by Audio Animatronics. You "travel" through various time periods. 1890s/1900s to the 1920s, to the 1940s and then to an unfortunatly outdated view of 2000 hence when it was created in 1994.

The show was created by walt disney himself and his fellow imagineers for the 1964-65 new york world's fair at the general elecric pavilion called "progressland". Thew ride has went to disneyland from 1967-1973. The show...some of it...came to Walt Disney World in 1975.

Since 1964 the show has gone through many changes. Presently it will be 41 years old this april, and is currently celebrating 30 operating years here at walt disney world. It is a very beloved attraction by any true Disney fan for it's historical significance and link to walt disney himself. However the ride's future is still uncertain. SAVE THE CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS!!! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom