Carousel of Progress theatre has been renewed!!

kjd469

Original Poster
For those of you who haven't been lately, and are still thinking that only 1 theatre has been rehabbed - the entire theatre is new seats and carpet. I was just there 1 week ago and everything was new. Like I said in the original post - the Cast Member said that COP and another attraction got all new seats and carpeting. Having been on this attraction too many times to count, I am certainly aware of what the seats used to be (rickety) and how they are now...trust me, they are all new. If Disney were going to close this ride anytime soon, they would not have invested the money into the theatre. If, as some of you think, it is going to be "hijacked" by some other fictional family, they would certainly have waited to do the rehab until then, in my humble opinion. My original comment was only meant to offer some hope to those of us COP fans who are always wondering about the fate of this classic attraction.

C&D

Very glad to see the freshening up of CoP. I'm hoping that that means a long and continued life for one of the very very best classic attractions. I too saw the CoP at the New York World's Fair in 1964 and remember it fondly. It is a never miss when we visit the MK.

PhilharMagician

For those of you who haven't been lately, and are still thinking that only 1 theatre has been rehabbed - the entire theatre is new seats and carpet. I was just there 1 week ago and everything was new. Like I said in the original post - the Cast Member said that COP and another attraction got all new seats and carpeting. Having been on this attraction too many times to count, I am certainly aware of what the seats used to be (rickety) and how they are now...trust me, they are all new. If Disney were going to close this ride anytime soon, they would not have invested the money into the theatre. If, as some of you think, it is going to be "hijacked" by some other fictional family, they would certainly have waited to do the rehab until then, in my humble opinion. My original comment was only meant to offer some hope to those of us COP fans who are always wondering about the fate of this classic attraction.

That is great news! I was there in June and we were in 2 different theaters (not sure which colors) and they were not done then.

Do you know what other attraction got the new seats? I though I heard that Philharmagic was supposed to get new seats this past spring and I missed it when we were there in June (wife got :hurl: ).

Magicot

(funny how it's sunny outside on the main stage and dark on the revolving stage.... :lookaroun)

Actually it is supposed to be nighttime on the main stage too. If you look through the windows you can see the buildings down the street lit up, not from the sun, but from electric lights. Also at one point in the 1920s scene, the electricity goes out and the boy has to fix it. If it were daytime, you would still be able to see everything pretty clearly, but all you see is pitch black- hence the nighttime.:wave:

kjd469

Original Poster
the Cast Member did not tell me which other theatre was getting new seats, and stupidly, I was so excited about being in my new, comfy seat I didn't ask. I did read recently online that Hall of Presidents is closing temporarily sometime this month, so perhaps they are getting the rehab.

JimboJones123

I don't think the Parrs will replace the CoP family. There's space in Tommorowland for both families to coexist in, like the Skyway station or the Galaxy Palace. Besides, if (Walt forbid) Carousel of Progress was characterificated, I think that the Robinsons(of the upcoming Meet the Robinsons) would go in considering how a cover of Great Big Beautiful Tommorow by They Might Be Giants is being used in the film.
GO TMBG -- WDW needs more.

MissM

For those of you who haven't been lately, and are still thinking that only 1 theatre has been rehabbed - the entire theatre is new seats and carpet. I was just there 1 week ago and everything was new. Like I said in the original post - the Cast Member said that COP and another attraction got all new seats and carpeting. Having been on this attraction too many times to count, I am certainly aware of what the seats used to be (rickety) and how they are now...trust me, they are all new.
No, I'm sorry but this is not true. I was just there on Sunday, September 3rd and rode it. The theater was exactly the same, the carpet and the seats were old and in fact, we were slopping pretty far in them because they were so old.

Not every theater has been redone.

Not every theater is new.

I've ridden it every day I'm there - 9/3, 8/19, 6/18, 5/20, etc. - and have never seen the new theater. Maybe I've just got bad luck, but I can tell you that as of this weekend there was still at least one theater that was not redone.

Believe me, I wish it were otherwise. It's a favorite ride of Love and I.
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom