Carousel of Progress Rooms

attisb

Original Poster
1) How many rooms are in CoP?
2) Does the load/unload rooms have time limits to when they have to fill and empty the rooms?

mickhyperion

1) Six rooms. Disneyland's America Sings also had six different rooms and it was the replacement show for Carousel of Progress. The first and last rooms look identical (or almost identical in AS's case) but have different soundtracks.

2) Yes, they are on a very strict timetable since the show is continuous. 4 minutes per scene. The opening scene allows for about 2 minutes of load time with 2 minutes of show time. The closing scene allows for more unload time - 3 minutes for unload with 1 minute of show time.

enfilm

For some reason it says in the little box to the lower left corner of the post reply page says that I'm not allowed to post attachments. it's been that way for a while. I have no idea why

However the little box says I can post new threads and post replies (thank goodness)

Ed

attisb

Original Poster
Originally posted by BRER STITCH
My favorite are the mystery random 7th and 8th rooms!

It's never the same experience twice!

:lookaroun

What 7th and 8th random rooms. I have been on that ride over and over again and have never seen a random room?

prberk

Can someone help enfilm send in his picture?

Maybe you can send me a private message and I will give you my e-mail address to send it to me, if necessary.

But if someone here knows how enfilm can post it, please post the instructions, or PM enfilm....

Thanks!

attisb

Original Poster
The ability to post pictures to the boards is disabled. The only way to have it enabled is to be a premium member/subscriber. The way to do it is to create a photo album, which is free up to 1 meg, and post a link to it. Best thing to do is to post link in signature.

DisneyDoll45

ROVER

I love the COP. Every time we go to WDW we have to sit through and watch the show and laugh about of how old the dog is. (Rover)

Main Street USA

Re: ROVER

Originally posted by DisneyDoll45
I love the COP. Every time we go to WDW we have to sit through and watch the show and laugh about of how old the dog is. (Rover)

I used to think it was the same dog, too. Then actually listened to the dialogue a little closer. The dog has a different name in different scenes, therefore, it's meant to be a different dog each time. He's called "Sport" in one scene, and "Weenie" in another, and then, of course, "Rover." I can't recall any others.

Woody13

Re: Re: ROVER

Originally posted by Main Street USA
I used to think it was the same dog, too. Then actually listened to the dialogue a little closer. The dog has a different name in different scenes, therefore, it's meant to be a different dog each time. He's called "Sport" in one scene, and "Weenie" in another, and then, of course, "Rover." I can't recall any others.

That would be "Rover", "Queenie" :lol: and "Sport". :cool:

Woody13

You're Right!

Originally posted by DME
As of two weeks ago on CoP, the dog was named rover in each room!

http://allearsnet.com/tp/mk/mk_cop.htm

"Rover (dog) has gone through many changes in the history of the attraction. His color has changed from white (at the World's Fair) to light brown and dark brown. His name has even changed, and has been Buster, Sport, Queenie, and Rover. When the attraction reopened at the MAGIC KINGDOM® Park at the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort, his name was different for every scene. Today, the dog’s name is Rover throughout the entire show. In this most recent version, Rover has been given new life and is the most realistic version ever seen."

Here's an explanation and script from the "old" version:

http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id215.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom