CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS question

WDWfreak89

Original Poster
Around may 25-29 I was at Disney. During that time the CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS was not running. Does anybody know why?

meanmice

there are about a gazillion or so threads dedicated to that such question. Lots of people will tell you that it's old and out of disrepair and they want to get rid of it, others will say that it's because it costs too much to run in off peak times. Whatever the reason, I am sorry that it wasn't open during your trip.

conntom

I was told by a CM that the gears on the COP are very old
and cost to much to repair and that is why its not open all
the time.

bamboo7

Originally posted by conntom
I was told by a CM that the gears on the COP are very old
and cost to much to repair and that is why its not open all
the time.

i don't know if the gears are the problem, but i have heard that a big issue with it is that it is old, and hard/expensive to maintain and operate. personally, i love this attraction.

mwitkus

i love this attraction and really miss it... it's been closed during my last 2 visits to the world! :(

whatever their reason for closing it, i hope they will rethink it and have it back up and running before i go back next fall....

(keeping my fingers crossed, but certainly not holding my breath!)

Buford

I try to get to the Magic Kingdom now exclusively during the peak times. The Carousel of Progress isn't something I just say "oh, oh well" - it's something I make a trip for! :(

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
COP and TK

Heading to Florida for a 7 day Disney Cruise next week, and will be back at WDW on 2/26 for three days. Are they open now or will they be then? Can't seem to find out if they are or not.

goonsquads57

I heard that the real reason that it's not open year 'round is due to a hemeroid problem which prevents the main aa character from sitting for long periods of time. Standing behind the center kitchen island in the final scene has not proven to provide much relief.

kevlightyear

Originally posted by goonsquads57
I heard that the real reason that it's not open year 'round is due to a hemeroid problem which prevents the main aa character from sitting for long periods of time. Standing behind the center kitchen island in the final scene has not proven to provide much relief.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's hilarious! Good stuff!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom