News Carousel of Progress Closed

JoeCamel

Time for me to play Imagineer! 😁

1. Trim each scene to 3-4 minutes so people with short attention spans aren't trying to leave halfway through.

2. Make it more relevant to today's audiences by making the 1964 World's Fair finale scene the first act, followed by new scenes for the 1980s, 2000s, and the new finale would be the 2020s. With the original finale now the intro, this would tie the new version back to the Walt original.

3. Eliminate the "immortal family" issue by showcasing four different families in the different scenes. The first scene could be the original family, and the following scenes could be families from other cultures to make the attraction more diverse.

Basically instead of displaying how electricity improved society from 1900-1960, the show could display how modern technology such as computers have improved life from the 60s to today.
Maybe get some of that electricity to infuse magic powers in the old equipment. It is as ricketity as PW was and needs the underpinnings brought up to snuff.
We all know the attraction will be removed before that is replaced/repaired.

jt04

1. Trim each scene to 3-4 minutes so people with short attention spans aren't trying to leave halfway through.

2. Make it more relevant to today's audiences by making the 1964 World's Fair finale scene the first act, followed by new scenes for the 1980s, 2000s, and the new finale would be the 2020s. With the original finale now the intro, this would tie the new version back to the Walt original.

3. Eliminate the "immortal family" issue by showcasing four different families in the different scenes. The first scene could be the original family, and the following scenes could be families from other cultures to make the attraction more diverse.

Basically instead of displaying how electricity improved society from 1900-1960, the show could display how modern technology such as computers have improved life from the 60s to today.

This isn't bad.

disneygeek90

Carousel has been having a lot of issues lately. Some scenes haven’t had any in theater audio (the background music that plays in the seating area) since the reopening. Lots of other audio issues and mechanical effects not working too. I’m assuming something finally went down that was big enough to bring the ride down to fix.
The first era a couple weeks ago had the audio problem. It was really weird since I could hear the spiel of the CM for the group after us loading. You don’t realize just how much simple background music adds until it’s gone.

PizzaPlanet

I like it. And they could also tie it to the original by keeping the classic vignettes (Uncle Orville in the tub, power going out, getting ready for the 4th of July, etc.)

seabreezept813

But will the 2020 family’s ethnicity be obvious enough behind face masks and shields?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

I am shocked! Not only is this a great idea for adding diversity without it feeling forced; It also saves the Mouse from having to update it every 10 years. Surprisingly, it's also devoid of IP. And here I was thinking you were going to pitch an Incredibles or Simpsons IP overlay.

You're alright Bob! I take back all the bad things I've said about you!
this week

JohnD

Original Poster

Or the same family but the spouses of the children are different races. Each scene is the following generation of descendants making each scene more diverse than the last but still all the same family.

JohnD

Original Poster
Glad it has reopened. Here’s my imagineering suggestions. Update all animatronics with modern technology. All scenes stay the same except for the last scene , keep it Christmas, but update everything to present time.

The problem is the jump to the last scene with the same father and mother make it less and less believable. At this point, start in the 1940s or 50s. My parents are 80, for example. Then advance from there.

Chris767

More expensive but I’d just update it to be decades people are more nostalgic for now, start in the 80’s, then 90’s, early 2000’s, and then way into the future. People would love it if well written because it’s all the decades people are nostalgic for in the same way people in the 60’s liked the previous decades represented

Expo_Seeker40

If we start in the 50s or after we lose two original scenes that date back to Walt Disney and the fair (Acts 1 and 2).

By restoring acts 1-4 reasonably back to their world’s fair look and opening narration explaining we will travel thru the era in which Walt lived and that the family represents what they may be doing in their respective era (Rather than expected to realistically age) this allows for the unload theatre to become Act V: a future scene provided by the Tomorrowland Metro Retro Historical Society that can feature John and a more modern/blended family. The children could have spouses or a grandchild AA figure too.

JohnD

Original Poster
If we start in the 50s or after we lose two original scenes that date back to Walt Disney and the fair (Acts 1 and 2).

By restoring acts 1-4 reasonably back to their world’s fair look and opening narration explaining we will travel thru the era in which Walt lived and that the family represents what they may be doing in their respective era (Rather than expected to realistically age) this allows for the unload theatre to become Act V: a future scene provided by the Tomorrowland Metro Retro Historical Society that can feature John and a more modern/blended family. The children could have spouses or a grandchild AA figure too.

True but it’s not 1971 anymore. So, if you want to keep the original scenes, then the original father and mother have to go in the last scene as they would be long dead. Their children would be the grandparents in the last scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom