Carousel of Progress Closed 5/9/18

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
When I was there last week, CoP was having serious problems. "Temporarily Closed" several times during the week and when we were in it - it made grinding noises and came to a stop between stages before finishing the rotation about 10-15s later (with the spiel already in progress). My guess is the rotational mechanism is now kaput.
If the rotating mechanism is broken, I can see Disney putting a door in the partition walls and you have to get up and walk from one scene to the next :hilarious:
UPDATE 5/10/18: Carousel of Progress has also been down all day (5/10/18), as well. The attraction did have extended closures last week as well. This is the second full day the attraction has been down unscheduled.

Yeah, she’s a grand old lady with some older tech. It’ll get worked out though.

Here we see a maintence worker from the last refurb cleaning up the face of the bearing upon which COP sits:

zyac1h.jpg

Scuttle

When I rode it last week (5/2/2018), the theater I was in had the most number of people in it I remember seeing in a long time. Our theater was probably about 40-50% full. It was a pleasant surprise to walk into that!

Also, something about one of the father's pupils in the first scene didn't seem quite right.
Had the same experience a few weeks back. It was more like 65-75 percent full. It was nice for a change to have a little audience reaction.

GlacierGlacier

Yesterday I noticed while riding that one of the seating sections was completely closed with a black tarp covering all the seats.
Probably a mess or broken chair. Large protein spills (or other substances) can be cleaned up simply, but the stain left afterwards could render a seat disgusting. They may cover over seats until after park close, when maintenance/janitorial can get in there with heavy-duty carpet/upholstery cleaners.

Unless you mean an entire theater of chairs, which would definitely be drastic.

spectromagic04

Probably a mess or broken chair. Large protein spills (or other substances) can be cleaned up simply, but the stain left afterwards could render a seat disgusting. They may cover over seats until after park close, when maintenance/janitorial can get in there with heavy-duty carpet/upholstery cleaners.

Unless you mean an entire theater of chairs, which would definitely be drastic.
The entire theater of chairs was covered up

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom