Carousel of Progress and My Family

Computer Magic

Hello everyone I am sorry/sad that some think I'm kidding. I would never kid about disney which we all love. The reason I have not responded to your posts is that I have been putting together my CoP family from the mannequins I got at Macy's! it took three trips to pick them up because I could only fit a few arms/legs, etc. in my car at once. After I got mother/father/daughter home I went and picked up a few things to make them complete such as wigs, makeup, etc. One good thing--I bought a few different color wigs for daughter, so I can make her look however I want, blonde, brunette, redhead, however I feel. Also the mannequins are in pretty good shape so the makeup is easy to wash off which makes it no problem to freshen her and mother up occassionally. For father I got some (no kidding lol!) real hair from the wig store that I used for his mustache. The family isn't all the way done but I will do more work tomorrow. I already feel very comfortable around them and we're going to have a good night watching a movie together. More updates tomorrow
Be sure to post pictures :sohappy:

hcswingfield

Hello everyone I am sorry/sad that some think I'm kidding. I would never kid about disney which we all love. The reason I have not responded to your posts is that I have been putting together my CoP family from the mannequins I got at Macy's! it took three trips to pick them up because I could only fit a few arms/legs, etc. in my car at once. After I got mother/father/daughter home I went and picked up a few things to make them complete such as wigs, makeup, etc. One good thing--I bought a few different color wigs for daughter, so I can make her look however I want, blonde, brunette, redhead, however I feel. Also the mannequins are in pretty good shape so the makeup is easy to wash off which makes it no problem to freshen her and mother up occassionally. For father I got some (no kidding lol!) real hair from the wig store that I used for his mustache. The family isn't all the way done but I will do more work tomorrow. I already feel very comfortable around them and we're going to have a good night watching a movie together. More updates tomorrow

I think this is an absolutely fabulous idea! Vern and I have turned our whole house into a replica of "It's a Small World." The animatronics go on all day and night. I love taking a shower and listening to the little French can can dancers singing in French. Ooh la la! And cooking breakfast burritos while singing along with all the little animatronic dolls from Mexico and South America is such a "muy bueno" way to guarantee a "buenos dios."

Our three housecats are now being treated for nervous exhaustion, though.

Nemo14

I think this is an absolutely fabulous idea! Vern and I have turned our whole house into a replica of "It's a Small World." The animatronics go on all day and night. I love taking a shower and listening to the little French can can dancers singing in French. Ooh la la! And cooking breakfast burritos while singing along with all the little animatronic dolls from Mexico and South America is such a "muy bueno" way to guarantee a "buenos dios."

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

*wipes the coffee spit off my monitor*

BruceWayne

well i gotta say i dont know how else to prove to you i am not wdwfan or know him/her. i mean i think its pretty ridiculous for you guys to be so mean to me or wdwfan. wdwfan felt like they wanted to share something with you guys and yall are being mean about it. whats the difference between spending money on mannequins from macys to recreate a memory and spending money on a bunch of worthless pins that help you recreate a memory. i just dont get why everyone on these boards seem so mean and bully like. leave wdwfan alone, if yall pick on a new person everytime they want to share, your community, unlike your waist lines, wont ever grow. and what good would that be.:fork:

figmentmom

HARRY!!! :ROFLOL:

maggiegrace1

well i gotta say i dont know how else to prove to you i am not wdwfan or know him/her. i mean i think its pretty ridiculous for you guys to be so mean to me or wdwfan. wdwfan felt like they wanted to share something with you guys and yall are being mean about it. whats the difference between spending money on mannequins from macys to recreate a memory and spending money on a bunch of worthless pins that help you recreate a memory. i just dont get why everyone on these boards seem so mean and bully like. leave wdwfan alone, if yall pick on a new person everytime they want to share, your community, unlike your waist lines, wont ever grow. and what good would that be.:fork:
YOU were the one who said he was crazy if you remember....."A little off the deep end"

we are all just laughing at the concept which is really very funny and very odd if you think about it...heck its odd if you do not think about it....

So anyway...

:ROFLOL: :lol: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

cb3k

This is absolutely ridiculous..no chance anyone believes what is goin on....you rode CoP 47 times in a one week visit??? I don't think so. Hope your movie with your CoP family was good...I'm sure they really enjoyed ur cinematic flick, they probably even got emotional. Be careful, I once built the father myself to play with..and he constantly threw house parties and invited the fellas from the drug store over to drink all of my sodas..he was also a terrible help in the kitchen around the holidays..just a heads up for you wdwfan

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Kind of ironic that we have Bruce Wayne of all people as a screen name, considering he had an alter ego - Batman.

There is also the thought that maybe brucewayne is not aware that he is wdwfan....split personality things and all....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Kind of ironic that we have Bruce Wayne of all people as a screen name, considering he had an alter ego - Batman.

There is also the thought that maybe brucewayne is not aware that he is wdwfan....split personality things and all....

Kinda like Fisher ?

(the guy who created mulitple names to support his Disney in Texas theory)

cb3k

Haha...yes EXACTLY like fisher...but at least fisher had a valid rumor to try and make a reality..I don't know what brucewayne's point would be.

DSNYKID

How is the new family going? Are they dressed yet? Postioned? Ready for a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow?

Where is our update?

Say hi to Uncile Orville for me!

scottnj1966

Everyone I'm a new member but I have been a WDW fan for a long time. My pin collection takes up two lanyards now! I have a story/question I want some opinion on. Recently a very close member of my family died. He was a big WDW fan as well and we actually played some disney songs at the funeral. Anyway I just returned from MK where I rode CoP (Carousel of Progress-duh) which has always been my favorite ride. Now though I really got emotional because i really saw my own family reflected in teh CoP family. As the years and generations pass in CoP, so do they in real life. I really identify with them and doesn't everyone have an uncle orville lol! Anyway this time I really just saw a lot of my family in CoP and it is even more special now to me than ever. I was just wondering if any of you feel the same. Maybe it's jsut the disney magic!

http://www.carouselofprogress.com/

disneypearl

I'd like to come see it. "If you build it, we will come."[/quote]

Oh MaggieGrace....

Will you join my family to visit the original poster's C.O.P. family once complete?

I've got some questions for Uncle Orville!

I would like to go with you guys!! I would like to see this too but.......... I just do not feel confortable going alone. :lookaroun Do you know what I mean? Let's make this a group thing.

DSNYKID

I'd like to come see it. "If you build it, we will come."

I would like to go with you guys!! I would like to see this too but.......... I just do not feel confortable going alone. :lookaroun Do you know what I mean? Let's make this a group thing.

You are absolutley welcome to join us on our excursion to what I'm calling.... The LITTLE Carousel of Progress.

How wonderful it will be to see the characters....a.k.a. New Family Members of the original thread poster in action. I do not anticipate that they will move though since they are Macy's maniquins and not genuine anamatronics.

There is a rumor going around that if you want to see this new display/family, you have to do it at least 47 times to get the full effect!

There is a great big beautiful tomorrow isn't there?

If you build it, we will come!

wdwfan887

Original Poster
Hey everyone!

I wanted to update you guys on how things are going. I got my family put together but ran into some problems with their clothes (I can't sew very well! lol) and hair/wig problems. I had them up for a while but ran into some more problems keeping them clean and keeping people from messin with em.

So basically, I didn't have them put together for very long, but I still have them with me! I'm thinking I'll put them together again sometime soon because I missssss them!

Here's a picture of them taken apart, please excuse my mess!

BoboIntriguing-mannequins.jpg

They all have weird shoes because I couldnt afford any family without those shoe things attached. Stinks I know but Im doin what I can!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom