Carousel of Progress and My Family

cb3k

Please dont take this as being rude...I completely sympathized with you when you shared your initial post, and thought it was out of place for someone to say you're off the deep end...But Im kind of beginning to wonder if this is a joke (Mr Wayne...did you set up this account). Seeing as you only have a couple posts, and now you really do seem to be out there a lil...I mean no offense, but do you REALLY want to jump on stage and hug the family, or in all honesty do you really wear your pins around town (if you do..props to you), but the most strange...you can not really be building your own family out of macys mannequins...this is a G rated Silence of the Lambs feel right now. Again..not tryin to be a jerk, just wondering if you were bein serious?

beachclubbasics

Let's give Bruce Wayne a break..after all, he did lose his parents at a young age and he is out awfully late almost every night ...and he doesn't exaclty wear the most comfortable street clothing.

That would be enough to make me cranky.

LuLaSue

Holy Cow, I feel like I just got sucked into something bad :eek: . If this is not a true story I feel like a fool.:mad:

iheartdisney91

sry to hear that.....

wait you have an uncle that never gets out of the tub? hahha JK

just remember things will get better because....
"theres a great big beautiful tomarrow shinning at the end of every day, theres a great big beautiful tomarrow and tomarrow is just a dream away. man has a dream and thats the start he follows his dream with mind and heart and when it becomes a reality its a dream come true for you and me.":D

LOL sry i had to.

jiminy.cricket

sry to hear that.....

wait you have an uncle that never gets out of the tub? hahha JK

just remember things will get better because....
"theres a great big beautiful tomarrow shinning at the end of every day, theres a great big beautiful tomarrow and tomarrow is just a dream away. man has a dream and thats the start he follows his dream with mind and heart and when it becomes a reality its a dream come true for you and me.":D

LOL sry i had to.

So there's a great big, beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of every day
Yes, there's a great big, beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream awaaaaay!
*Breaks it down funky chicken style*

BruceWayne

hey everyone i just wanted to let you guys know that i am not the same guy/girl as wdwfan. i dont own any lanyards or anything like that, check out my post history for a history of who i am.

i just wanted to say that i think itd be cool to see this guy/girls own CoP. true its pretty creepy, but theres not much difference between what hes going to do and creating rides in roller coaster tycoon (or whatever game) or buying ride props, etc.

wdwfan is this all a joke or are you seriously this dedicated to CoP?

wdwfan887

Original Poster
Hello everyone I am sorry/sad that some think I'm kidding. I would never kid about disney which we all love. The reason I have not responded to your posts is that I have been putting together my CoP family from the mannequins I got at Macy's! it took three trips to pick them up because I could only fit a few arms/legs, etc. in my car at once. After I got mother/father/daughter home I went and picked up a few things to make them complete such as wigs, makeup, etc. One good thing--I bought a few different color wigs for daughter, so I can make her look however I want, blonde, brunette, redhead, however I feel. Also the mannequins are in pretty good shape so the makeup is easy to wash off which makes it no problem to freshen her and mother up occassionally. For father I got some (no kidding lol!) real hair from the wig store that I used for his mustache. The family isn't all the way done but I will do more work tomorrow. I already feel very comfortable around them and we're going to have a good night watching a movie together. More updates tomorrow

DSNYKID

I bring you good news!

If you go to youtube.com you can download the soundtrack to the ride. The entire ride. Maybe you should get different clothes from different time period's and you can play the soundtrack to that particular time period when your characters are dressed like that time period.

For example, when playing the soundtrack to the 1940's, dress your family... I mean characters in 1940's garb. Repeat the process for the remaining decades.

I'm so excited to see your family. Can you send us some prelim pics? Maybe some streaming video? Wow that would be great.

Your family can now live forever with this original idea. Maybe you can get a giant lazy susan an put your family on it. Then spin it to resemble C.O.P.

I'd like to come see it. "If you build it, we will come."

DisneyChik17

"If you build it, we will come."

One of my favorite movie quotes, ever.

Anyway, I love CoP. Not enough to build my own, but I certainly have an attachment to it. I love the whole idea behind it. It's so simplistic. They are just so happy. That song. It almost makes me cry. I always have a huge smile on my face as I rotate around that theater.

maggiegrace1

Oh MaggieGrace....

Will you join my family to visit the original poster's C.O.P. family once complete?

I've got some questions for Uncle Orville!
Love Orville......
"No privacy at all around this place":ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

I would love too..:lol:

figmentmom

Hello everyone I am sorry/sad that some think I'm kidding. I would never kid about disney which we all love. The reason I have not responded to your posts is that I have been putting together my CoP family from the mannequins I got at Macy's! it took three trips to pick them up because I could only fit a few arms/legs, etc. in my car at once. After I got mother/father/daughter home I went and picked up a few things to make them complete such as wigs, makeup, etc. One good thing--I bought a few different color wigs for daughter, so I can make her look however I want, blonde, brunette, redhead, however I feel. Also the mannequins are in pretty good shape so the makeup is easy to wash off which makes it no problem to freshen her and mother up occassionally. For father I got some (no kidding lol!) real hair from the wig store that I used for his mustache. The family isn't all the way done but I will do more work tomorrow. I already feel very comfortable around them and we're going to have a good night watching a movie together. More updates tomorrow

:ROFLOL: Because, of course, you're kidding.

mpoppins76

:lookaroun

CaribbeanGreen

Man, the OP and ol' BruceWayne always seem to write similarly and post within a few minutes of each other on this (and another) thread. Crazy how that works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom