Carousel of Progess?

dylan0511

Original Poster
Thanks, I was down there for my honeymoon last august and it was closed. I love that ride. We are going in July so I hope it's open.:hammer:

i have never been on this ride what is it all about? i have read so many threads about it. just have to ask because it seems that i am missing somthing great thanks

dylan0511

Original Poster
It's bascially a ride that goes through history and shows how life and people and technology can develop and change history. It's not a "fantastic" ride, but it is a classic in the sense that it was Walt's design, one of the originals.

WDWspider

Don't expect too much, it's an attraction people have grown to love and it has a catchy song like many of the classics. I love CoP, but compared to standards today first timers may find it boring or too tame. Sad but true.

CoP was up and running the week before Easter but due to maintanence issues, they only run it during peak times of the year. It is a classic ride and one of my favorites but given it has NO advertisement, NO attention, and NO upgrades to the turntable gear system, it's doomed to limited running times and limited guests. Most people don't even know it's running unless they happen to see it turning when they are near it. It's one of the "forgotten" attractions. But definately worth seeing if you get the chance.

VinnieG

Originally posted by spider-man
Don't expect too much, it's an attraction people have grown to love and it has a catchy song like many of the classics. I love CoP, but compared to standards today first timers may find it boring or too tame. Sad but true.

Believe it or not I had taken my daughter who was 7 to CoP and she loved it.She wanted to go on again which of course we did.Now she is 8 and she is dissapointed that it was closed when we last went down last month. I am very excited she likes it because it is one of my favorite rides of al time.The time we went and it was opened was in the middle of July.

WDWspider

Originally posted by VinnieG
Believe it or not I had taken my daughter who was 7 to CoP and she loved it.She wanted to go on again which of course we did.Now she is 8 and she is dissapointed that it was closed when we last went down last month. I am very excited she likes it because it is one of my favorite rides of al time.The time we went and it was opened was in the middle of July.

:lol: Like I said catchy song.

Wanna know why the new Imagination ride is doing better, they added the song back. Good attraction songs make a world of difference. Prberk, regardless of whether the ones who rode liked it, there are many teens who will not ride it. I was at Spaceship earth the other day, some teens were all excited about going in the ball until they came to the sign explaining the ride. They turned around and said not another one of those old rides. :( Like I said, today's culture is a far cry from even my 80's generation who still loved WoM, Horizons, and the CoP. I never said it wasn't a great presentation mind you, I just didn't want the hype of the ride to outweigh the experience.

General Grizz

Hey - - good points. Yet, I'm sure a lot of the family wouldn't care for going on Space Mountain, either, or visiting Mickey Mouse in Toontown Fair. That's the magic of the Magic Kingdom - there is so much for so many different tastes. And that's why it's the most popular theme park in the country...

Attractions like Tiki Room, IASW (hard to catch many teenage males here), CBJ, and COP are some of those original "family" tastes that need to remain in order for the "classic Disney" fans to keep coming. :)

hail2pitt1103

I was hooked on CoP since i was a little kid, mainly because the scene from the 50s looked like my grandparents' basement. :D This may be heresy, but Ive always liked the old CoP song, the 'now is the time, now is the best time...' song better than 'great big beautiful tomorrow'

General Grizz

"It seems like these are the best years of our lives. Or does that sound like an echo from the past?" - John in the 1964 Version

Whoa...isn't that freaky?? :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom