Carousel of Progess Update/Question...

Sean23

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Sean23 - - I wasn't talking about the seasons IN the show - I mean when the SHOW REOPENED on THOSE times. I.E. the kitchen counter was refurbished in the Christmas scene FOR President's Day weekend. See what I mean? :D

It's good to hear it's going through capacity. However, why did it evacuate? It just wouldn't start? Or was Patricia still in the shower??

I see what you mean now. The ride got stuck on the first scene going to the second scene last night, so we ended up missing a couple minutes of the second scene. It made a huge grinding noise but they did not evacuate anyone.

General Grizz

Oh dear. Once I thought we got stuck, however what happened was someone actually got up from their seats and got too close to the AAs. So we did not change from Scene 2 (1890-1900) to Scene 2 (1920s). However, after the annoucement was made, it did the regular turn - and we could see both AAs of the host talking at the same time! It was pretty interesting.

However, I have never seen a mechanical error. Maybe because they don't exercise it enough? :veryconfu

Hey - that's a good excuse!! :lol:

GrinningGhost

Not sure why it was evacuated. What happened was that after everyone sat down, and the CM spieled, then the voice over introduced the show. The carousel didn't move to the next scene, and a CM told everyone to sit tight, and we'd repeat the opening due to technical difficulties. The opening repeated (it was much funnier the second time through) and partway through the audio died. After some time, the doors opened at the back and we were told to evacuate. On the way out I noticed a mechanic with a toolbox heading to the back of the building. Not a big deal because it was running again later -

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by GrinningGhost
Not sure why it was evacuated. What happened was that after everyone sat down, and the CM spieled, then the voice over introduced the show. The carousel didn't move to the next scene, and a CM told everyone to sit tight, and we'd repeat the opening due to technical difficulties. The opening repeated (it was much funnier the second time through) and partway through the audio died. After some time, the doors opened at the back and we were told to evacuate. On the way out I noticed a mechanic with a toolbox heading to the back of the building. Not a big deal because it was running again later -

Hmmm....

Almost sounds like some actual rehab is needed.... ya think? :lol:

Pixardust

Back in '97 during the 25th anniversary we were ridding the CoP while it was storming outside. I guess the power ended up going out to WDW and the backup generators kicked in. The storm was so bad outside that they didn't want the audience to go out, so we ended up riding through CoP about 5 times. It was great! It's my mom's favorite attraction. Very disappointing that it hasn't been open the last 3 times I've visited MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom