Carousel in UK pavilion.

The Empress Lilly

That sounds like a wonderful idea!
Great, isn't it?

I've always felt the UK pavilion at WS is a bit of a letdown. Too small, and just shops and a pub. :shrug:

WS itself never developed into a proper theme park, and its current state as a glorified mall / drinking den seems to suit management just fine.
Meanwhile, the rest of the world is beating Disney at its own game.

How about a Pirates-like boat dark ride, including drop, through 19th century London? We'd all love something like this at Disney. Unfortunately, the 'Great Expectations' boat ride is based on Britain's greatest novelist and might introduce English literature and British culture to your children, so I won't expect anything like it from Disney. If there's going to be an expansion of the UK pavilion, it'll be an increase in the size of the pub to get visitors more drunk.

Dickens World said:
The attraction has been heavily promoted as containing Europe’s longest indoors dark ride, the "Great Expectations" log flume. Other attractions include the Haunted House of Ebenezer Scrooge (which incorporates a Pepper's ghost effect), a Victorian school room, a 4D high definition cinema show, "The Six Jolly Fellowship Porters", a themed bar and restaurant, and Fagin’s Den, a play area. There are also mockup Dickensian-style London buildings around a central square, populated with sundry costumed characters from Dickens' works.

Figment632

Original Poster
What is more likely though??? Adding the dark rides or Disney turning WS into DInorama with cheap stuff like Carosels and spinners?

Figment632

Original Poster
Care to elaborate on that?

Thanks.

It has been getting love with the new Pizza place and other expansions and there are some in the company that think WS is far overdue for a new attraction. Beyond that I can't really post anything sorry.

kapeman

It has been getting love with the new Pizza place and other expansions and there are some in the company that think WS is far overdue for a new attraction. Beyond that I can't really post anything sorry.

I thought you were referring to something new.

Thanks though.

Master Gracey 5

Perhaps a miniature London Eye. A don't know how you Brits feel about that. Certainly we could find something better to represent British history and culture than a Beatles tribute band....

Had the same idea - the issue here is you'd end up seeing too much of the backstage areas when you reached the top. Not something Disney likes to do.

Figment632

Original Poster
Had the same idea - the issue here is you'd end up seeing too much of the backstage areas when you reached the top. Not something Disney likes to do.

That would be an Issue unless you put it indoors or did something like this.

AladdinPoint2.jpg

Put up a forced perspective backdrop of the London skyline.

castlecake2.0

I dont think the london eye would work, it doesnt fit into the story the pavilion is telling, and would not fit the skyline of world showcase (although i guess things outside the park have already ruined that...)

Lucky

They could have a British version of the Hall of Presidents, showcasing their national heroes: Alfred the Great, Henry V, Elizabeth I, Wellington, Nelson, Churchill, Margaret Thatcher, Mick Jagger, etc.

Figment632

Original Poster
They could have a British version of the Hall of Presidents, showcasing their national heroes: Alfred the Great, Henry V, Elizabeth I, Wellington, Nelson, Churchill, Margaret Thatcher, Mick Jagger, etc.

There already is a version of HOP in WS with AA :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom