Carosuel of Progress- pre 25th Ann script?

KevinPage

Original Poster
I saw this mentioned in another post. How different is it from the one playing today? Anywhere to d/l it?

I honestly don't remember any changes since I've been on the ride regularly since 1996 (before the 25th Ann)

crazygirley

Um...as far as I remember, the only things different were the end scene and the song. The song went..."Now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of our lives...". That is all I remember.

WEDisney

crazygirlie is right, there was not much changed except the end scene and the song. The song playing now, if I am not mistaken, is the original song that played for the ride in the worlds fair. It was Walt's favorite attraction and song (Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow). I myself still enjoy "Now is the time."

I was lucky to have been there for the old version and videotaped the show several times and from those tapes I have edited a great video of the ride. "Omelette Supreme Evette Jamon" (sp), known in other circles as Ham and Eggs.

The end scene really needed updating for the time because everything the showed as "the future" was already here. I would have liked it if they kept the old ending but I guess times change :(. I am just glad cousin Orville and his "air cooling" is still hanging in there.

WED

General Grizz

Well, the whole show changed! Building was repainted...sets worked on. Audio-Animatronics added, repositioned, new costumes...- even new names! "Jane" is now Patricia...and Rover is "Rover" in EVERY scene. Furthermore, new musical scores, and even sets (i.e. repositioning of the son with airplanes to a Jack-o-Lantern.)

Your best bet is to listen to audio or the script - this will give you many clues. That is, until, someone can let out a video! :)

One thing doesn't change...and that's progress. ;)

Merlin0402

There is a really awesome site that shows the original layout of the ride at the 1964/1965 New York World's Fair. www.nywf64.com
It was originally just the beginning of a huge pavillion called Progressland, that Walt personally designed for GE. Really impressive stuff. To find the COP info, go to either maps (it's in the industrial area near the fountain of planets) or under pavillions - GE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom