Carnival just cannot catch a break!

wogwog

Carnival ship stranded off the coast of Australia due to high winds and worsening conditions:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...outside-Sydney-harbour-huge-seas-docking.html

I feel for the guests and crew.

Why do I think with all of the sophisticated radar and satellite assistance these days that maybe Carnival once again tried to take the cheap way and put the importance of staying on schedule ahead of waiting out the storm or seeking another port. I really hope not, but after other events they have endured recently I must wonder.

jaklgreen

You couldn't pay me to get on a carnival cruise let alone me paying to go on one. Safety should never be an issue. I don't know how they are still in business and have not been shut down by some authority.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
To be fair, this wasn't really their fault. This was a weather event which I don't think could be avoided.

I like how your posts are always level headed.

Stranded is really the wrong word for the headline and was nothing more than click-bait. I am no Carn fan but that headline is pathetic. They had power, the captain was doing what he good in a bad situation. Had they lost power and were being tossed lateral to waves then we may have an issue. DCL has had some large wave incidents in the past. Captains do what they can in those situations but many are unavoidable.

Tonka's Skipper

Most know I am not a Carnival fan.........but in this case, she got caught up in some nasty weather and the Captain really had no way to get out of it.

King Triton and Mother nature will win out in the end!

AKK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom