Carland

gmajew

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am sure this has been addressed and talked about before but will WDW ever bring the new carland concept from CA to MK?

IWant2GoNow

I am sure this has been addressed and talked about before but will WDW ever bring the new carland concept from CA to MK?

There have been talks about it before and to summarize it all if Disney were to bring Carsland to WDW it would end up being in DHS not MK. The general consensus is that the Backlot Tour at DHS would be replaced with Carsland if it were to ever happen. As of right now though, nothing at all has been said from anyone that it is definitely coming to WDW in later years. All is speculation. Welcome to WDWMagic! :wave:

gmajew

Premium Member
Original Poster
There have been talks about it before and to summarize it all if Disney were to bring Carsland to WDW it would end up being in DHS not MK. The general consensus is that the Backlot Tour at DHS would be replaced with Carsland if it were to ever happen. As of right now though, nothing at all has been said from anyone that it is definitely coming to WDW in later years. All is speculation. Welcome to WDWMagic! :wave:

Since the Backlot Tour just reopened in March after some refurb work I am guessing that means it wont be happening anytime soon either. Now I don't know what was done to the back lot tour but I know it was closed when we were there for Spring break.

Either way I personally think the Cars themed ride would be a huge success for the parks in Florida, it is a great movie that both my boys love and would be something they would wait in line for. My only concern is all the continued talk of bringing everything to DHS this is a one day park in my opinion and new rides being crammed in here still make it a one day park! Since you lose a ride to gain a ride.

DHS in my humble opinion needs to lose a couple of there shows, since they are not something you want to do all the time. Eliminate the Stunt show and put in a real cool two or three rides in this area and you have a kick butt park!!

Pioneer Hall

Since the Backlot Tour just reopened in March after some refurb work I am guessing that means it wont be happening anytime soon either. Now I don't know what was done to the back lot tour but I know it was closed when we were there for Spring break.

Either way I personally think the Cars themed ride would be a huge success for the parks in Florida, it is a great movie that both my boys love and would be something they would wait in line for. My only concern is all the continued talk of bringing everything to DHS this is a one day park in my opinion and new rides being crammed in here still make it a one day park! Since you lose a ride to gain a ride.

DHS in my humble opinion needs to lose a couple of there shows, since they are not something you want to do all the time. Eliminate the Stunt show and put in a real cool two or three rides in this area and you have a kick butt park!!

If you saw anything I think you would see one attraction that would be part of a larger Pixar Place. Also, if the current rumors hold true, the next attraction in that area would be the Monsters Inc coaster. If they started construction today would be looking at a 2012-2013 completion. So even if a cars attraction was in the books, you would be seeing it until the later part of the decade.

Ttocs

Has anyone ever thought of making the Tomorrowland Speedway into a Cars theme? I've always thought it was a waste of space, and not very exciting. If they updated the cars and made them look like the cars from the movie, I'm sure it would be a hit.

sorcerergoofy

Has anyone ever thought of making the Tomorrowland Speedway into a Cars theme? I've always thought it was a waste of space, and not very exciting. If they updated the cars and made them look like the cars from the movie, I'm sure it would be a hit.

I agree 100%! Just replace the cars and re-theme the area to fit the movie, and then...maybe...I would have interest!

Korfar

I agree with taking out the Tomorrowland Speedway. They are nothing like riding real go-carts anyway. It takes up a lot of valuable space. They could fit at least 2 attractions in that space. I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom