Caribe Royale Review

hsisthebest

Original Poster
I thought I would post about my recent stay at Caribe Royale Resot to help give those interested in staying offsite some info and advice.

We stayed 5/31-6/9 in a 2 beroom Villa. 7 in our party, 3 adults and 4 children. Amenities included a full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (also a whirlpool tub in the master bedroom), washer/dryer, 3 TV's and a balcony.

The Pro's:
-The cost. I will go into this more in detail at the end, but this resort cost us $205 a night, including resort fees and parking at the resort- a great deal considering the sq. ft is comparable to a 2-bedroom DVC Villa.
-The location: it is literally <1.5 miles from Disney property, you simply turn right out of the parking lot and follow the signs to 535/I4 to get onto disney property. Epcot, Hollywood, and Disney springs are less than a 15 minute drive.
-The pool. They have a large pool with a waterslide, waterfall, walk up bar/food. There is also a quiet pool in the Villa area.
-The food: it's about the same as a Disney resort, a shop with limited grocery selection, but also a grill that makes paninis, pizza, and other sandwiches. The quality it somewhat better that Disney resorts and somewhat lower priced.
-The kitchen was well laid out and stocked with plenty of cooking and eating utensils

The Cons:
-The rooms need an update: They were clean, but the furniture and decor were dated and starting to look worn out. There were no USB ports in the room, which in 2018 is close to unacceptable. Luckily we packed several AC adapters and car chargers for our devices. I was really surprised at this because it has been so long since I have stayed at a hotel with no USB ports- even cheap hotels will have alarm clocks with USB ports in the tops or sides.
-The washer and dryer: terribly small capacity and the dryer took forever to finish a load, with 7 people this was an inconvenience as we were sometimes delayed from going to a park or getting to bed because we had to keep putting in small loads of laundry.

The Verdict: 4/5 stars- This resort felt a lot like staying in a DVC Villa. It was spacious, met our needs (minus the laundry), and was very close to WDW- all for a very low cost. If they update the rooms, this resort could compete with the best deluxe resorts on or offsite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom