Caribbean Beack Water View and Preffered

RSD Part Deux

So i have booked a stay at CBR - Can I not book a room that is both Water View and Preffered Location? There doesnt seem to be an option. So I booked a water view room, does that mean I could end up in a really bad location?

DisneyJoe

So i have booked a stay at CBR - Can I not book a room that is both Water View and Preffered Location? There doesnt seem to be an option. So I booked a water view room, does that mean I could end up in a really bad location?

Preferred gives you a room in either Martinique or Trinidad North - you are paying for the building's locations to Olde Port Royale.

Water/Pool View gives you a view of the lagoon or the pool.

You cannot pay for both.

It depends on what is more important to you - the view of the lagoon or pool, or your proximity to Old Port Royale.

Upvote 0

RSD Part Deux

Original Poster
Preferred gives you a room in either Martinique or Trinidad North - you are paying for the building's locations to Olde Port Royale.

Water/Pool View gives you a view of the lagoon or the pool.

You cannot pay for both.

It depends on what is more important to you - the view of the lagoon or pool, or your proximity to Old Port Royale.

Understood, but in Martinique or Trin north isnt there Water view rooms? So wouldnt there be a certain percentage of rooms that are both? How would I get those rooms?

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Understood, but in Martinique or Trin north isnt there Water view rooms? So wouldnt there be a certain percentage of rooms that are both? How would I get those rooms?

You could pay for the Preferred Building, and Request a Water view room, but requests are not guaranteed - so you may or may not get the water/pool view room.

Upvote 0

NedFlanders

Decide what is more important to you...

water view... you will be facing the water maybe close to the sand so your kids can go play in that or maybe just close to the water (but can't swim in the lagoon, only swimming is in the pools)

preffered... you are closer to the food and the main swimming pool... and you might fact the water or you might not...

I think the first question you need to ask is how often do you plan on going to the main guest area. If you are not going to have a rental car then I would say get one closer to the guest areas and don't worry about the view. The place is big and if you are having to walk 1/2 a mile just to get to the snack bar, well that is a royal pain...

We've stayed in both at one time or another... the view room was nice (Aruba 55) but really I didn't see the point. 2 days out of the week my kids went out to play in the sand... it was nice because the beach was right out the front door... but we could have easily just walked from a room on the backside and no one would have cared.... I did care about walking around the lagoon when they wanted to go to the main guest area (if you have small kids you will need the stroller).

The preferred view was Martinique I think it was 25 or 26 but certainly wan't with a view. Being close to the main area was much more useful and that was even with a car... You might be fooled into thinking that if you have a car and get a view on a far removed room that you can just drive to the main guest area... While you can do that and we did when we were in Aruba, you will likely find that the room view places aren't that close to the parking lots, you'll also find that the parking places closets to the hotels fill up quickly and it will only be by luck that you are close to where your room is.

If you decide you want a view then I would suggest you plan on not going to the guest area unless absolutely necessary (don't plan on eating there every day) if you do that you will be prepared and not annoyed at the hike to and from the main dining and snack location.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Because every village has some lake frontage and every village has its own quiet pool, every village will have some water view rooms.

This means that some preferred location rooms will also have water views. Getting a room like that is a matter of luck, it cannot be reserved that way. You can reserve one upgrade or the other (preferred location OR water view), and then request the other.

By the way, not all of Martinique is preferred location. Half of Martinique's builidngs are preferred location (24-25-26), and half are not (21-22-23). Trinidad North has only three buildings, and all three are preferred location.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom