Caribbean Beach

daria4282

We have stayed CBR back in 08 but I forgot when booking that there are no elevators on the resort. This is making me rethink staying there in March because we have three small kids and strollers with us. I know I can call and ask to be on the ground floor close to OPR, bus, or main pool but there is no guarantee they will do that.

Do you think i should change resorts? If so, which one?

daria4282

Original Poster
The twins just turned 2 in november and Brady is 14 months but he does not walk. Preston is good at doing stair but Jordana isn't so great yet, she tends to crawl up stairs unless she is holding someones hand. We will have two strollers with us as well.

Upvote 0

dragongirl

If you get a second story room at check-in, you can request a first story one.

But truthfully, I never got an upper story at a moderate when we were in the stroller stage. I just assumed that they noted the age of the kids and put those who will be lugging toddlers and babies around on the ground floor.

When we were at Port Orleans-Riverside they even wanted to put us in a ground floor room in Alligator Bayou because we had a stroller. We wanted Magnolia Bend and they were apologetic that there were only second story rooms available. The Magnolia Bend mansions have elevators available, but they were stuck on stroller=ground floor.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I know I can call and ask to be on the ground floor close to OPR, bus, or main pool but there is no guarantee they will do that.

Especially since the closest buildings are now a separate paid category (Preferred).

You may want to request first floor in Jamaica or Aruba but close to the bridge.

Each "island" has it's own bus stop - and quiet pool.

Upvote 0

si23

put it in a request to have a ground floor we requested martinque and didnt even end up paying for the prefered location saved us a lot of money

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I agree if, you are booked at CB now, stay and request ground floor... I even suggest that you call CB directly when you are 9 days or less out and ask to be connected to the room assigner and explain the situation to them. Good luck!

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I even suggest that you call CB directly when you are 9 days or less out and ask to be connected to the room assigner and explain the situation to them.

The best way is to have it noted on your reservation BEFORE it gets to the room assigner - especially since it is next to impossible to call them directly.

Whenever you call a phone number for a resort, you are routed to a call center first, as they can handle 99% of all calls. In other words, I would say that it is impossible to actually speak to the room assigner.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Whenever you call a phone number for a resort, you are routed to a call center first, as they can handle 99% of all calls. In other words, I would say that it is impossible to actually speak to the room assigner.
Correct. The call center CMs are trained to be gate keepers.

At CBR, you have a BETTER chance of getting a ground floor room because there are only 2 levels. Therefore, you have a 50% chance just by luck alone. Put in your request, and at the moment of check-in nicely ask the CM if your request was granted, and if it was not, nicely ask for a ground floor room instead.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

if it's a really big issue is it possible to upgrade to a deluxe resort? that way it wouldn't be an issue. your chances of getting a ground floor room also depend on the time of year you are going.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom