Caribbean Beach?

Any comments on the CB? I posted this a few days ago, but only got one reply.

Just hoping I can get more info so I can confirm my reservation?

How is it? How is the food court? the pool? the theming?

Hope someone will know! ;)

WDW-Imagineer

I can't say anything bad about Caribbean Beach. Behind Port Orleans: Riverside, I think its the best moderate resort. The theming is great... each "section" of the resort is named after a Caribbean Island. The Food court is very good... its sort of like a food court you would find in a mall, with individual "stalls" with different foods at each one. The pool is also very nice and very well themed. I would definitely recommend Caribbean Beach and I'm sure you will have a great time! :sohappy:

Just a question, how many people in your party?

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

i have to agree! CB is an all around very nice moderate resort! although, i can't really give it the best of credit, because it's been quite a while since i was there last. i've stayed there a few times. i believe my last time was my 3rd or 4th trip to WDW. that was probably in 1994 or so. so i was fairly young then. but as far as i can remember it was a really nice hotel! i do faintly remember the food court...definately set up differently than most, and not one of my favorites...but not too bad! it serves its purpose at least. the main pool is very nice, and pretty nicely themed! kind of set up like a little fortress, if i remember correctly, and has cannons shooting out mists of water every now and then. of course, there's little beaches around the resort with hammocks and all. and there used to be a nature trail type thing with cages of birds, though i don't know if they've taken that out or not. but like i said, it's been a long time since i've been there, so don't completely rely on my facts! oh! but one thing i DO remember is that the bus system was set up very nicely! each complex has their own bus stop...or at least last time i was there, that's how it was. you know how WDW has this thing about always wanting to change stuff around! :p
but my advice is to try it out for yourself! i've found that people's opinions aren't always reliable! someone may really hate something, but i may love it! or vise-versa. it's just a matter of personal preference!
but i do hope that i helped out a little with info! have a fun and safe trip!!!

Upvote 0

Smee

Carib is good, an "around the water" resort, really big, it is the largest single resort facility in terms of guest rooms (2,112).

Don't let that worry you, plenty of pools, food, buses, etc. each area of CB has a pool, not themed but nice. The main pool is themed and real nice.

Coronado would be the comparison resort to CB. Same layout, just newer. Given a choice, I'd pick Coronado but you won't be sorry at CB.

Upvote 0

tmp

I would choose the Carribean over the Coronado. We just stayed in the Coronado in August and were happy with the facilities, but thought the customer service wasn't up to the other resorts we have stayed in. The Coronado is really set up for business people and I believe that were they may do a good satisfying them they did not do a good job satisfy averages "Joes" like me and my wife. We stayed in the Carribean in '98 and absolutely loved it!

Upvote 0

Melissa

I really liked the CB. The food court is my favorite, and the busing system is great. CB has a lot of activities, since there is a small lake in the middle; they have the water sprits and other small boats, which are really fun. They also have the bike rentals and arcade. It is easy to spend an afternoon, just in your resort. However it is getting older and they are starting to update the rooms, so try and get a newer one (they may all be done now).

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

We have stayed at all the mod resorts and while it is fine, C.B. is our least fav. Few things about it. The check in is far away from the rest of the resort, and it can take a while to wait to get to your room (espeacailly if you use bell services.) The pool is the smallest and while nicely themed we found the hot tub to be quite cool ( temp wise) becuase the water fall flowing into it diluted it some. Of couse is was a cool march when we went and maybe this is clouding my memory. :animwink:
When we were there in 1998 they were starting to renovate the place and it did need it. It may be better now and if you really enjoy the theme I think you will like the place. If you are going the beach, all you can do is enjoy the view, going into the water is prohibited (and probably cold!)
So, while it is a good resort, we found the other mods better. Hope you enjoy your trip and remember, you may find things about it that put it on the top of your list. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom