Trip Report Caribbean Beach Spring Break Trip - Lounging Around

Hey y'all! I have all my pictures uploaded to Flickr, so I guess I'm ready to go with this report. I didn't take notes, so just be prepared for a lot of "I think we did ____ next....wait no, I'm 16% sure we did ____....or wait. I don't know"

You ready?

WHO: Me (alone for the first day) & my husband, R.
WHY: We have APs and I had to be in Tampa for work so DUH
WHERE: Caribbean Beach
WHEN: April 9, 12-16

ksr99

Day 4 continued - Continuing around the world

After dinner, we kept walking around World Showcase. I made R stop for this picture

I don't like it very much though. I like the idea of using the topiaries in Photo Pass shoots, but this one is odd. It's focused on Snow White instead of us. As beautiful as Snow is, I wasn't expecting her to be the focal point.

Even though we were stuffed completely full of schnitzel and dunkel, we stopped at Primavera Kitchen outside of Italy to get another beverage:
Frozen Italian Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila – $10.00

It was yummy! I kept getting bad brain freezes because I was drinking it so fast. I'm also shaking my head at the price. I would NEVER pay $10 for a drink of any kind on a normal day. I guess "vacation me" thinks she's flush with cash :rolleyes:. The good news is that I had a decent amount of money on my Disney Rewards card, so that took us pretty far with the Flower & Garden snacks and drinks.

Making a goofy face (he hates having his picture made), but the hanging plants almost make Mickey ears on him :joyfull:.

Had to take a picture with Woody in America. That's our last name, so I have a special place in my heart for Woody. I love Toy Story too!

Next we stopped at Florida Fresh and ordered:
Watermelon Cucumber Slush with Tamiami Florida Gin – $11.75
Key Lime Sparkling Wine, Florida Orange Groves Winery, St Petersburg, FL – $11.75

Again with the prices :eek:. What was I thinking?! I honestly didn't care for either of these. The watermelon slush was my choice, so I drank most of that and just tasted the wine. This is the second time I've gotten a drink with cucumber in it and not liked it, so I think I'm just going to have to keep that in mind for next time. I like to eat them, just not drink them apparently.

The sun was setting :inlove:

We stopped at Northern Bloom near Canada and ordered:
Maple Popcorn Shake with Crown Royal Maple Whiskey – $11.75
Unibroue À Tout Le Monde Saison, Chambly, Québec – $5.00

That shake was all R. I tasted it, and it was super weird, but he really liked it. I enjoyed my saison though! Plus $5 seems a little more reasonable for a teensy drink. Only at Disney :rolleyes:

I kept taking pictures as we headed back out of Epcot. Went a little crazy on the tint slider in those last two...oops.

Kind of wish I'd focused on Mickey in that one. Next time!

I wanted to get this shot on the way in, but it was sooooo crowded. Thankfully R agreed to it on the way out. It ended up really dark though, so I had to try and edit it. I pulled the background up enough that I'm satisfied, but I do wish they had shot it differently to let in more of the ambient light...it wasn't even that dark yet.

Up next: Saying goodbye
If it makes u feel any better where I live,drinks are 18-25 dollars regularly.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Sad about your Rivers of Light review but your photos are gorgeous!!!! I am blown away! I can't wait to see it for real so I can fully judge! I miss stalking that project :(
It seems like about half the people love it, and half aren't really into it. I'm usually not that hard to please, so I'm surprised I wasn't digging it. I have a feeling you will enjoy it, especially since you've been looking forward to it so long. It's a very beautiful show, so it won't be a waste of time!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Thanks! The results are great. Have been looking for a light option, so thanks for the info!
You're welcome! Check into the Sony options as well. I think as far as camera bodies, they are a little ahead of the game for the mirrorless market. I honestly can't even remember why I went with fujifilm, but I might go with sony if I were choosing now.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
August trip Update!

I woke up at the early hour of 5:30am on Saturday (a Saturday when I wasn't even working...) to book my fast passes! Since my dog gets up then, it really wasn't so bad :p

Here's what I got:

Aug 9 (arriving at MCO around 3:45)
We will drop our stuff off at WL (hopefully in a room) and then get on a bus to AK.
I made a FP for the safari first, but we'll probably skip that. I know i'll want to go straight to Pandora.
Flight of Passage - 6:30pm
Everest - 7:40pm (I might actually move this back, or drop it altogether).
Dinner at Ohana - 9:10pm. I guess we need to leave AK by 8:15 to get there on time?

Aug 10
I have Be Our Guest lunch on the schedule, but still not sure if we'll keep it. We're going to Epcot that evening and that's where I made FPs.
Spaceship Earth - 3pm
Test Track - 4:25pm
Chefs de France - 5:30pm

I've heard mixed reviews on Chef, but we'll give it a go!

My plan is to walk to the Studios after we eat and try to make the 8:15pm Pixar Live show. That will all depend on how quickly we get in at Chefs and how quickly dinner moves along. I feel like I've heard they are slow, so this may not be feasible.

Aug 11
Space Mountain - 9:50am
7 Dwarves - 11:20am
Be Our Guest (like I said, we'll drop either this one or the Thurs one) - 12:05pm
Splash Mountain - 12:25pm (we'll hit this at the end of the window)

Hoop-dee-doo! I'm most excited about this, I think. Been wanting to go there for so long!

Aug 12
Safari - 9:45am
Navi River Journey - 10:45am
lunch in Pandora
Everest - 1:55pm
Tiffins at 6pm!

Aug 13
Big Thunder - 9am
7 Dwarves - 10:10am
Whispering Canyon lunch - 12pm

Then we drive down to St. Pete (bye Mickey :cry:)

So ready for this trip to get here!! After the 60 day mark, my excitement is barely contained. I have lots of weddings to keep me busy this month, though. I'm already barely holding my eyes open :hilarious:

bee

Great plans!

My plan is to walk to the Studios after we eat and try to make the 8:15pm Pixar Live show. That will all depend on how quickly we get in at Chefs and how quickly dinner moves along. I feel like I've heard they are slow, so this may not be feasible.
We liked Chefs when we tried it in...2015?? We haven't been back since because we usually pick Biergarten or Via Napoli or a resort restaurant, but we wouldn't not go back. It was quick (not quite rushed, just the normal Disney in-and-out quick) when we went but I don't know how typical that is. Your plan to walk to see Pixar Live seems quite feasible to me.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Great plans!

We liked Chefs when we tried it in...2015?? We haven't been back since because we usually pick Biergarten or Via Napoli or a resort restaurant, but we wouldn't not go back. It was quick (not quite rushed, just the normal Disney in-and-out quick) when we went but I don't know how typical that is. Your plan to walk to see Pixar Live seems quite feasible to me.
That's good to hear! I moved the time back to 5:30 from 6:10 after I decided to do the Pixar thing, so hopefully that will leave us time. (I actually did it as I was typing out my plans...haha. Gotta love that flexibility!)

I figured we'll try it eventually, so why not now? I love trying new places. We have only repeated restaurants a few times so far.

MegRuss626

August trip Update!

I woke up at the early hour of 5:30am on Saturday (a Saturday when I wasn't even working...) to book my fast passes! Since my dog gets up then, it really wasn't so bad :p

Here's what I got:

Aug 9 (arriving at MCO around 3:45)
We will drop our stuff off at WL (hopefully in a room) and then get on a bus to AK.
I made a FP for the safari first, but we'll probably skip that. I know i'll want to go straight to Pandora.
Flight of Passage - 6:30pm
Everest - 7:40pm (I might actually move this back, or drop it altogether).
Dinner at Ohana - 9:10pm. I guess we need to leave AK by 8:15 to get there on time?

Aug 10
I have Be Our Guest lunch on the schedule, but still not sure if we'll keep it. We're going to Epcot that evening and that's where I made FPs.
Spaceship Earth - 3pm
Test Track - 4:25pm

Aug 11
Space Mountain - 9:50am
7 Dwarves - 11:20am
Be Our Guest (like I said, we'll drop either this one or the Thurs one) - 12:05pm
Splash Mountain - 12:25pm (we'll hit this at the end of the window)

Hoop-dee-doo! I'm most excited about this, I think. Been wanting to go there for so long!

Aug 12
Safari - 9:45am
Navi River Journey - 10:45am
lunch in Pandora
Everest - 1:55pm
Tiffins at 6pm!

Aug 13
Big Thunder - 9am
7 Dwarves - 10:10am
Whispering Canyon lunch - 12pm

Then we drive down to St. Pete (bye Mickey :cry:)

So ready for this trip to get here!! After the 60 day mark, my excitement is barely contained. I have lots of weddings to keep me busy this month, though. I'm already barely holding my eyes open :hilarious:

We just did Chefs in September for the first time and LOVED it! I don't think we spent a rediculous amount of time there and we had 6 people. We had the prix fixe (which is included in the DDP) and it was delicious. It's hard to pick a favorite between the salad and the soup and the macaroni was YUMM!! Hope you enjoy!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
We just did Chefs in September for the first time and LOVED it! I don't think we spent a rediculous amount of time there and we had 6 people. We had the prix fixe (which is included in the DDP) and it was delicious. It's hard to pick a favorite between the salad and the soup and the macaroni was YUMM!! Hope you enjoy!
Awesome! I'm looking forward to it :D

dclfan

Every time we have ever gone to Chefs it has been ridiculously fast service. Almost too quick if you ask me. With that being said I absolutely love the food there and I'm so jealous. The walk from Epcot to DHS is mt favorite too do at night time also.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Every time we have ever gone to Chefs it has been ridiculously fast service. Almost too quick if you ask me. With that being said I absolutely love the food there and I'm so jealous. The walk from Epcot to DHS is mt favorite too do at night time also.
Maybe I'm thinking of somewhere else that I've read about being slow! Sounds like most folks have had quick service at Chefs...and I do have a pretty bad memory :rolleyes::oops: That's great to know! I love that walk too, and I mean, if we get done with dinner early, we can walk right by Ample Hills!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
A couple of changes to our second day:

I may or may not have changed FPs. I say that because the app is still showing the old ones...so I guess we'll find out when it decides to work again. (UPDATE: They are showing correctly on the website)

Instead of riding some stuff at Epcot before our Chefs de France dinner, we're going to do Hollywood Studios that morning and hop around some.

FPs for Thursday morning:
Rock N Roller Coaster - (9:25)
Tower of Terror - (10:30)
Star Tours - (11:40)

Then the main reason for the change: 12:45 lunch at 50's Prime Time!

I posted a picture of the restaurant on my disney instagram yesterday, and I talked myself into working it into our plans :hilarious:

We may go back to the resort after lunch, or just go on over to Epcot to walk around. We'll see! If I had to bet, I'd say resort. We like breaks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom