Caribbean Beach Resort?!?

WeluvMickey

Hello experts!!

Traveling 10/7-14 with family...Husband & 23 month old daughter?!!?

Where do you think is the best place to stay at CBR? Most accessible...to pools..restaurants...transportation....views?!?

Would love to make mention of your suggestions when we check in to see possibilty of getting the very best!!

Thank you!!

Any other information would be helpfull also...!!

Laura

Premium Member
Hi, a few months ago I was going to stay there for this trip (leaving in 12 hours!!!), but then ended up changing over to Wilderness Lodge. From my research it seemed that Jaimaca would be in the best location. If I remember right you could walk right across a bridge to get to the main building. There were some other reasons I liked that building, but I can't remember now.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Jamaica is my choice for best location. My wife and I honeymooned there. It's a short walk across the bridge to the food court and main pool. Not the closest resort, but a very reasonable walk. This also keeps it relatively quiet since you don't have all the noise of the pool and food court. It is also at the first bus stop for WDW transportation. That means first on to an empty bus in the morning and first off a crowded bus on the way back from the park at night.

Upvote 0

inafog

I'm agreeing with Jamaica. We stayed there on our last trip and it was an easy walk to the food court and main pool--even my 6-yr-old walked it with no trouble. Our room was close to the bus stop/parking lot as well as the village pool. My daughter was 2 the first time we stayed at CBR and her favorite thing was the beach--be sure to bring your sand toys!

If you can't get into Jamaica, I'd recommend Aruba (the next one down--not Trinidad). Although it was further from the food, it was the second bus stop. We were on buses several times that were full by the third stop and didn't complete the loop. I imagine they radio for another, but by staying further up the line (so to speak) you always get a seat on the bus.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

We've stayed at CB twice and I would recommend Jamacia or Aruba. Its a nice walk to Olde Port Royal (did I spell that right?) but not too far.
And each "island" has its own pool, so you're never too far from water.

Upvote 0

brich

Jedi Osborn said:
We've stayed at CB twice and I would recommend Jamacia or Aruba. Its a nice walk to Olde Port Royal (did I spell that right?) but not too far.
And each "island" has its own pool, so you're never too far from water.
Exactly.... I agree 100%... :D

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

LilDucky said:
so which would you recommend more... Jamaica or Mystique?
You mean Martinique? Martinque is one of the closest areas to Old Port Royale (the food court and main pool) and depending on what building you are in, this can be the shortest walk to the food court. But it's the 4th of 7 bus stops. I'd lean toward's Jamaica because it's the 1st stop. You'll always get a seat in the mornings on your way to the parks. If you are concerned about the walk to the main pool from Jamaica, you can always board any bus and ride it around to the Old Port Royale, even though the walk is quite managable. Just remember you'll have to walk back.

Also which would you prefer, yellow buildings with blue metal roofs (Jamaica) or aqua-blue buildings with magenta roofs (Martinique). :lol:

Upvote 0

elle72688

CBR is my favorite of the moderate resorts. I will be there on Sat for a few nights before moving over to the AKL for the duration of my trip. I agree with what everyone has said about Jamaica it is a great location especially buildings 45, 44, and 46. Those buildings are about a 5 minute walk over to the Old Port Royale (food court, restaurant, shop, main theme pool). Also Jamaica has a playground on its beach right outside Bldg 44.

Did you book a standrad or preferred room at CBR? If you booked just a standrad room stick with rquesting Jamaica. If you booked a preferred room you will be in either Martinque buildings 24, 25, or 26 or Trinidad North. The non preferred rooms in Martinque are not as close to OPR as Jamaica 44, 45, and 46.

Also the bus route is not always the same at CBR. My last two trips I stayed in Jamaica and from time to time Martinque was the first stop to be picked up and/or dropped off. If the bus enters the resort at the main entrance Martinque will be the first stop and Jamaica 2nd to last (vice versa if the bus enters from the back of the resort).

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

My pick is Aruba, with Jamaica as my second choice. Both are close to Old Port Royale but far enough away that you can really explore the Resort and its lush surroundings. It is muh more tranquil and peaceful on this side of the lake.

For a superb water view, request Aruba building 52, second floor. It's a non smoking building with beautiful unobstructed views of Barefoot Bay, the marina, and ome even the beach. We ALWAYS stay in this area when we are at Caribbean Beach.

Upvote 0

LilDucky

Moustronaut said:
You mean Martinique? Martinque is one of the closest areas to Old Port Royale (the food court and main pool) and depending on what building you are in, this can be the shortest walk to the food court. But it's the 4th of 7 bus stops. I'd lean toward's Jamaica because it's the 1st stop. You'll always get a seat in the mornings on your way to the parks. If you are concerned about the walk to the main pool from Jamaica, you can always board any bus and ride it around to the Old Port Royale, even though the walk is quite managable. Just remember you'll have to walk back.

Also which would you prefer, yellow buildings with blue metal roofs (Jamaica) or aqua-blue buildings with magenta roofs (Martinique). :lol:
Yes... thats exactly what I meant! :eek: :hammer:

Thanks for the recommendation, we might have to move our request to Jamaica!

Upvote 0

Disney MDACK

Stayed at the CB the last two years and going back this Oct. Stayed in the Martinique and it was next door to OPR. My wife loves the food court, we get a quick fruit breakfast every morning before heading out to the park.

First Post

Upvote 0

saltmom1

We stayed at Jamaica last year in rm 4403. It was a 2 minute walk to the bus stop and a short walk over a bridge where the little ones can feed the animals in the water. ( turtles, birds, fish). I thought that was the perfect location !

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Again, Aruba 5256--5260.

Second story, non smoking, unobstructed lake view, beach view, with Old Port Royale and marina in background. Morning sunshine, and you can hear Illuminations music when the wind is right, and see the fireworks from the Aruba bus stop.

We love this area, and always request it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom