caribbean beach resort?

big stitch

my wife and i are thinking of staying this year a caribbean beach resort. just wanted to a few reviews so we can make a decision on a resort.

thanks for any info :D

nmj91385

The CB is a very nice resort. We have stayed there 4 times in the last 3 years. The white sand beaches complete with hammocks make it a very relaxed atmosphere. The only downside is that some of the buildings are kind of far away from the food court.

Upvote 0

jesserin

Very relaxing - I like to think of it as the less expensive Grand Floridian... lot's of beaches - relaxing water views... be sure to enjoy the waterside hammocks - DH and I like to watch the sunset from there... it's a great resort for relaxing... I'm sure you'll love it!

Upvote 0

DisneyWood

Just love it..

We have stayed at this resort 3 times in the past 5 years. We absolutely love this resort. The lake is excellent and very relaxing to lay on hammocks, unless you get on them wrong and they flip you over, not that I have experienced that.

The main building and pool is very nice. We always stayed relatively close to the main building, so we never experienced that much walker (at the resort).

I can't really think of a downside of any of the resorts on WDW property. Well, the crowds at the value can be a little stressful, especially when you are trying to get the parks.

Upvote 0

Maritimer

Carribbean Beach is the best

Hello All

We stayed onsite at Carribean Beach from December 12th - 20th , 2004 (first time onsite) and we loved it. It was myself, my wife and 9 year old niece. We loved it from day 1. The buildings are not run down, the rooms in Martinique were awesome, great size and bright. The pool for Martinique was in great shape and plenty big enough. We really enjoyed the main pool at Port Royale (water cannons, waterslide, waterfall and a hot tub) and the Food Court at Port Royale was very good. We never had one problem with buses, never had to wait long. The beaches are nice. We were able to lay in the hammocks and wach the Illuminations fireworks from Epcot and my niece was able to join a sand castle making contest. We found Check in was smooth, baggage handling was great and our room was always clean. It was well stocked and there were often little towel characters made by housekeeping left amongst my nieces stuffed animal collection. Bus Service if needed is also great, never a problem

You won't regret making the decision to stay at CBR. Have an awesome time.

Upvote 0

WDWFanatic

It is my favorite resort when I dont have the cash for our normal stays at the boardwalk or the poly. We love the foodcourt there and all the atmosphere. A definate thumbs up.

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

I'll chime in with a "love it" too! We've stayed there 3 times now since 1996 (the most recent being in 2003). Each time has been great! We love the festive beach atmophere. :) The only complaint was that last time the food court was VERY crowded over peak hours, but you'll run into that anywhere.

Upvote 0

Disneyfan1981

Hi,

My wife and I stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort for our Honeymoon in June 2004. It's a nice resort with a lot of great scenery the only thing about it is that the Food Market is a shuttle ride away depending on which "Island" you are staying at. Another is that it closes at 11:00 so if you're into snacking after attacking the parks all day it might not work out. We enjoyed it though and would stay again. The themed pool was a lot of fun! Have a great time!

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

Disneyfan1981 said:
Hi,

My wife and I stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort for our Honeymoon in June 2004. It's a nice resort with a lot of great scenery the only thing about it is that the Food Market is a shuttle ride away depending on which "Island" you are staying at. Another is that it closes at 11:00 so if you're into snacking after attacking the parks all day it might not work out. We enjoyed it though and would stay again. The themed pool was a lot of fun! Have a great time!

Great tip! We always bring snacks with us and keep them in our room for those late night munchie attacks. :) In the off-season I think it closed earlier than 11, but I could be wrong.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

It's my family's most favorite Disney Resort! We've stayed there at least a dozen times.

It is the most laid back, relaxing resort on property. To be closest to Old Port Royale (main pool, food court, restaurant, and recreation) request a room in Martinique or Trinidad North (cost is 10 bucks more here for preferred location).

A secret is that the real preferred view is across the lake, in Jamiaca or Aruba (normal price). It's a quick little 5 minute jaunt over the lake and through the island to Old Port Royale, and offers some of the best unobstructed lake view rooms at the Resort. It also has the morning sunshine beating upon your front balcony when you awake.

The food court is great (but I thought it was better pre renovation for the record) and the pirate fortress pool is a lot of fun, as are the relaxing nooks throughout the quiet pool decks.

And def. lay in a hammock on one of the many, many beaches. It's a great Resort.

Feel free to further ask me any questions. :D

Upvote 0

Nicole

I stayed there in December. So far it's my favorite resort. I liked the themeing of the room, loved the main pool, liked the layout of the resort, liked the convenience of the bus stops, liked the beach, loved that there was a fridge in the room, liked the curtained off area around the sinks.

I just got back from a stay at PO-Riverside which I've heard a lot of people say is their favorite, but I still think I vote CBR. The only resort I've liked better is the Contemporary and the only thing it has over the CBR is location. (However, I have not stayed at any of the other Deluxe resorts other than the Dolphin, I fully expect to like those more than the Contemporary!)

Upvote 0

fngoofy

We stayed there last may and loved it. One of the best located resorts there. Direction wise, if MK is at due North, (which I know it isn't but who cares about magnetic declanations anyway), you are just east of the Studios, just south of Epcot, and just west of DTD, oh course you are a little south of MK, but what isn't if you aren't at a monorail resort.

The main drag runs E/W with internal hway connecting you N/S
MK
..............||
..............||
..............||
..............|| ____Epcot
..............||
..............||
..............||
AK==========MGM/DS=====CBR======DTD

ps.
Make sure you get a rental car, we had never had one before and for only $130 for a week, it made a great difference in our stay. I know the transportation there is good, but it was so nice to not have to wait, to leave a park right when we wanted to, and to go to DTD, or mini golf at the drop of a hat made it very much worth it.

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

Big thumbs up about the rental car. We always use one (but we always go during the slower season, when less busses are running - and after getting stranded for a couple hours one year, we'll never do it again - no offence intended to the transportation, it was sort of our fault anyway, but if we had a car, it wouldn't have happened in the first place).

I can't wait to get an Aruba view this year! :) That morning sunshine will definately help us get out of bed.
I agree with the food court comment, though I like the drink island better this way.

Upvote 0

Stinkbug

Nice to read this thread, we usually stay at the value resorts, but we'll be staying at CBR for my 21st birthday in May, and I wanted something very relaxing with a beach setting, sounds like CBR should be a blast.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom