Caribbean Beach Resort

LeeHarman

Hi All,

My family and I are trying to decided which Disney resort to go for our next holiday. We are looking at the moderate resorts but simply can not make our minds up which one to choose. A friend told us that the Caribbean Beach is a great moderate resort to stay in, but we know nothing about it.

Please can anyone pass on their advice, views, pros and cons etc for this resort?

Thank you all in advance for your help with this and I look forward to your reponses.

Many thanks
Lee

surfsupdon

Our family loves Caribbean Beach and has stayed with them for at least a dozen vacations. More recently, however, we have been bit by the deluxe bug and as long as we can continue securing decent rates, we will stay deluxe. But the moment it becomes impossible, we will be back at Caribbean.

Having said that, I would not stay at Caribbean Beach if their main feature pool were under construction, which it will be for a majority of this year. I would reccomend at staying at Riverside.

But Caribbean Beach is great!

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I have always stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter for all my recent trips having narrowed that down from all the Moderates...

Here's my Take on Caribbean Beach which I stayed in for one night when I arrived beofre the holidays due to a weather emergency and rebooking that brought me in one day earlier than expected and unable to stay at POFQ for that one night...

It's a pretty resort. It is HUGE and unless you have a car, you are trapped in your hotel building dependent 100% on the bus system. Their bus system is the most confusing of ALL the resorts I have ever stayed at -- the internal bus doesn't run often enough - only about once a half hour...the other busses don't follow the same route and you always have to ask where they stop on property and where they do not.

It is an 11 minute walk from anywhere to just about anywhere -- not convenient.

I would never stay there again.

My personal recommendation: look at POR or POFQ which have more of everything, plus centrally located dining facilities you can walk to, and the boat down to DD, so you are not trapped in one resort dependent on busses.

Upvote 0

rob45

I have stayed at CBR 3 times and really enjoyed it. The food court was great, and the icecream shop had a killer banana split. The pool area is rightfully themed, and each area has a small pool for your enjoyment. I liked the walking trail around the lake. I stayed in Aruba which was nice, staying close to the food court area had alot of bus traffic. Everyone is a critic, experience it for yourself I say. Have a great stay!!

Upvote 0

jonabyte

We stayed on our honeymoon.
Pros - theme and pools were very nice
Cons - very large, you probably won't realize until you are there, food court left little to be desired.
One thing is we walked to the court each night and while it took about 20 minutes each way, it turned out to be a nice way to end the day.

Upvote 0

HunnyPot

We stayed there on our last trip and really liked it! Before staying there the only other moderate we'd stayed at was Coronado Springs, and we liked CBR much better. In our opinion, the food court was better at CBR and it's just a fact that the rooms are bigger. I also liked the theming. It's such a gorgeous place! Wonderful for pictures. That being said, we're staying at Port Orleans Riverside in October because we want to try all the moderates.

Wherever you decide to stay, have a wonderful trip!

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

unless you have a car, you are trapped in your hotel building dependent 100% on the bus system. Their bus system is the most confusing of ALL the resorts I have ever stayed at -- the internal bus doesn't run often enough - only about once a half hour...the other busses don't follow the same route and you always have to ask where they stop on property and where they do not.

It is an 11 minute walk from anywhere to just about anywhere -- not convenient.
While I understand this was your personal experience, it is completely inaccurate to say this would be true for everyone. It seems you were placed in a pretty far-out building.

It is entirely inaccurate to state that it's an 11 minute walk to everywhere. You obviously didn't have a room in Trinidad North or Martinique, where a walk to Old Port Royale is less than 5 minutes, about the same as a walk in your cherished POFQ (I cherish it too, by the way!) from the far end of Building 1 to the bus stop.

And as far as the buses, there are only 2 routes. Just 2. And they both run clockwise, it's just a matter of whether the route starts at one place or one other place. One route for Magic Kingdom and DTD buses, and one route for Epcot or DHS or AK buses. MK buses and DTD start at Martinique, the other buses start at Jamaica. Had you been there for more than one day, you would have recognized this and had an easier time.

Hey, I get it that you didn't like CBR due to its size and will never stay there again. To each's own. :) But I find it misleading and unfair for you to make a blanket statement that unless you have a car you are trapped in your room and 100% dependent on the bus system. Maybe where your room was, but it's simply untrue for much of the resort. In addition, there are many people who know the size of the resort and don't care about doing a lot of walking. Plus, for those who wish to pay extra for it, you can reserve a "preferred location" room, guaranteeing that you'll be in ne the 6 buildings closest to Old Port Royale.

I just wanted to give the other side of the story so people don't think that CBR is this terrible place that you can't walk within.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom