Caribbean Beach Resort

Thenobles@WDW

Can anyone give advice regarding the closure of the pool at CBR. I am travelling August 2008 with my husband and two teenagers. At the moment we have all agreed to stick with our booking, but do have the option of changing to another moderate if we want to. We don't plan on spending too much time at the hotel but had originally planned a couple of pool days for my son. Does anyone think that with the main pool being closed that it will spoil our stay or are the smaller pools adequate for the odd day or too? Also was hoping to request a nice location closer to our date of arrival, can anyone recommend the best area for teenagers? Are the corner rooms bigger that others? Hope you can help, look forward to any advice. Thanks.:wave:

LittlePan99

Caribbean Beach Pool

My family and I just returned from an exhausting but exciting visit to Disney World. We stayed at Caribbean Beach. While walking the grounds in the evening, for example, we noticed quite a bit of activity at the main pool, but very little at our area’s (Jamaica) pool. So I don’t think you’ll need to worry much. However, what’s this about the main pool closing in 2008? I hadn’t heard anything and am new to this forum. What’s going on with it? Closed for updating or closing for good?

Upvote 0

scole3388

If it were me, I'd change to another moderate. CBR is very nice, nice grounds, but, for us, if we're staying on property, we want "full immersion" in the theming. We only walked around Coronado, and it's lovely, but I'd change to PO, either side. You'll have both sides to wander, if you choose to. Both feature pools are very nice. You can take the water taxi to DTD. IMHO

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think if you are planning entire pool days, you will want the main pool to be available. I would switch. You have some very good options with the other moderates.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

1. You may enjoy Coronado Springs or Port Orleans Riverside.
2. By August of 2008 one would think that the construction would be over.
3. If the US dollar keeps dropping, you could move up to the Polynesian.

Good luck.
:)

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The smaller pools aren't very themed. If you want theming then you might want to consider another hotel. If it was me I would pick another one. The theming is just more relaxing. I don't have kids but my husband and I enjoyed the pool at the Coronado (and the resort itself) and actually thought it was much better than the Caribbean.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I don't know if it matters to you or not, but the pool bar is next to the main pool - there is none next to the quiet pools.

For that matter - the food court is also next to the main pool.

Just something to consider if you plan on spending any long amount of time at a pool.

-dave

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

You are permitted to use any pool on the CBR property (obviously not the main pool because of refurb). We're staying there again in Feb, and while the main pool is very fun, we found the individual pools just as relaxing and fun. Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Upvote 0

Hotdogs

If you do go there dont let them put you in Trinidad South village as you have the longest walk to the shop and foodcourt from there, the small pools are good enough for a few hours relaxing but are just basic with no theme. Have a great time whatever you choose.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Can anyone give advice regarding the closure of the pool at CBR. I am travelling August 2008 with my husband and two teenagers.

Does anyone think that with the main pool being closed that it will spoil our stay or are the smaller pools adequate for the odd day or too?
The main pool will be closed from 1/8/08 through 9/15/08 for a total replacement. The quiet pools in Jamaica and Barbados will temporarily have pool slides added dueing this time. Also, there will be enhanced recreation programs for little ones during this time.

If you're just talking about an hour here or there, then your village's quiet pool will be just fine. I can't imagine the teens would think it's cool to be very into the theme of the main pool, anyway.
Also was hoping to request a nice location closer to our date of arrival, can anyone recommend the best area for teenagers?
If you want rooms closest to Old Port Royale (the food court/shops/arcade complex), then you must reserve and pay extra for "preferred location" rooms. Other than that, I can't imagine why one area of CBR would be better than another for teens.
Are the corner rooms bigger that others? Hope you can help, look forward to any advice. Thanks.:wave:
ALL rooms in CBR are 340 square feet. The corner rooms have two windows rather than one, but otherwise are identical to other rooms in every way.

Upvote 0

Thenobles@WDW

Original Poster
Thankyou everyone for your replies. I think because it was our first choice and we won't be spending much time at the pools we have decided to stay put. If any of you have been in this situation before and think that maybe that is a mistake please shout! Our other problem was that we couldn't make a choice between the others, but more info from you all could help. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom