Caribbean Beach resort, Yay or Nay

vjgraham

We are contemplating a stay at the Caribbean Beach resort. We have never stayed here and any insights would be greatly appreciated. We would like to know the positives as well as the negatives.

bartbrine

Caribbean beach resort

Been to cbr twice, once before the pool renovation and once since. Stayed in the new pirate room last time. This was very nice, but farthest away from the main building. The new pool is very nice and the kiddie pool is entertaining. Our kids loved the food court as did we. Its easy to use with many choices. Seating during the busy times can be difficult. Since it is so big busing can be frustrating both with the many stops and lines at the parks. But, I would have no problem going back. So I say yay

Upvote 0

jcraycraft

We say Yay! We have stayed at several of the WDW properties and CBR is our go to resort if we aren’t booking a deluxe resort. They run multiple buses on the property and normally we didn’t have to wait any longer than the other resorts we have stayed at. Love the theme as well. If you have never stayed there it is worth a visit.

Upvote 0

jonabyte

Went for a few days on our honeymoon, I loved the whole resort, theme, pools, food. It can be a lot of walking to get anywhere if you do not have a car, the resort itself is quite large.

Upvote 0

Bocko57

I say Yay. I think it is the best of the moderate resorts. I have stayed at the CBR 3 or 4 times. And I believe they have the largest rooms of the moderates too.

Upvote 0

TurkA77

Nay. Wayyyyy too big. I had a 10-15 minute walk to get food or drink, so the refillable mugs were a waste of money cause I never wanted to go that far to get a drink. Buses took longer than any other stay I have had. Over the course of 5 days going to the park you will get ones that come right away and ones that take twenty minutes. Here it seemed like every bus took 20 minutes or longer. I almost missed Cirque because it took an hour and a half to get to Downtown Disney. The reason for this was because we waited over a half hour. Then when the bus gets there, depending on where you are staying, you will make more stops. It can be as many as 6 more stops inside CBR before it leaves for the parks. Even if the bus comes right away, it still takes 10-20 minutes before the bus leaves the resort for the parks.

I just got back from my 2nd stay at POP. Never waited long for the bus and POP is the only stop, so the drive time is short. I was in the 80's which is the cheapest and furthest away and its barely five minutes to get to the front to get food and drink. Less time getting to the bus stops. I only paid $56/night with the pin. Compared to what you pay at CBR, its not worth it.

Upvote 0

GMRO

I say Yay!

Wife and I stayed there last May for our first time @ CBR. Usually we are at home at POP.

We were very impressed with the CBR in general and found that we liked the layout a lot. At first it can be over-whelming due to the size of the resort...but in 5 mins we felt at home. Can't comment on the prior referb quality. I just know last May it was very clean and we found nothing to nit-pick. Motor Coach's were easy to use and ran very frequently. We did have a rental car but at times chose to use the coaches. Both methods of transport were very easy to use depending on where we had our day planned and what time we wanted to return to the resort.

We booked our trip this May @ CBR too. Found a new home guess you could say. Nothing wrong with POP but we like CBR more. CBR has a great theme and has larger rooms for sure.

GOOD LUCK on your choice!

Upvote 0

coachwnh

stayed at CB for thanksgiving 2009 in the pirate rooms and loved it!!! we have heard people complain about the long walks to get to the main building and pool, but we didnt mind this at all. in fact, i loved the early morning walk to get my coffee before my wife and kids were up. it was a relaxing way to start the day for me. fun resort, kids loved the rooms and the pool, and i have nothing but good things to say about our stay there.

Upvote 0

swissamy

We have stayed here many times (at least 30) since it opened 22 years ago and it is really hit or miss these days. Our biggest problem is Mousekeeping. We have recently had rooms that were spotless as well as others that were worse/dirtier than you could imagine (had to call and have housekeeping manager come - she agreed that it was BAD)

Food court is good, lots of variety BUT we hate having to go booth to booth to get different breakfast items - it always gets cold while in line for a waffle or something...

Recreation is good, pools are great since remodeling!

Buses can be packed - often and waits seem to be a bit longer than in years long past!

For the price difference, we now prefer Pop Century, great theming and half the price.

Maybe without kids, the CBR is easier - slow down, enjoy the walking etc... but with kids, I'd probably go somewhere else ...

Upvote 0

bartbrine

picture.php

makes you want to be there, doesn't it?

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Love Caribbean Beach. Really do, have stayed there over 15 times since it opened.

Although we much prefer the Yacht Club, CBR is our absolute favorite moderate. So bright cheery and beautiful. ropical island feel is terrific.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom