Caribbean Beach Resort - What area to request?

DisneyJunkie

This coming Saturday begins our next WDW trip. We'll be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions on where to request a room. We'll have two small children with us and an adult or two who don't really do well with long walks. So I was thinking that we'll need to be close to the main building and the food-court area, if they're near each other. Which section would that be?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The best buildings with both close proximity to a bus stop the main pool and the food court would be building 25 and 26 in The Martinique section. Building 31,32 and 33 run a close second. If all you care about is proximity to a bus stop building 13,14,56,54,36,37,22,23 and 24 will suit your needs.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

If you did not pay extra for a preferred location in Martinique and Trinidad North, get a room in Aruba or Jamaica, as close to the footbridge as possible. (Request for it specifically.)

Avoid all rooms in Barbados and Trinidad South. They may be close to a bus stop but not necessarily close to Old Port Royale.

Upvote 0

laynalee07

We just booked our trip and staying in the Jamacica building... unfortunalty all of the perferred rooms were booked so we had to go with a standard... is the any way when we get there that we can request a room not staring at a parking lot?

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

You were willing to pay for a preferred location. Just so you know, "preferred location" is in Martinique and Trinidad North and can overlook the lake, gardens, or parking lots. It is a "preferred location" not a "preferred view."

You requested a room in Jamaica which is not a preferred locataion, but it still a very short walk to Old Port Royale. Being you were willing to pay for the preferred location upgrade, pay the SAME AMOUNT for a Lake View room in Jamiaca. It costs the same as a preferred location but guarantees you a Lake View.

So call back and upgrade the 15/night for a Lake View in Jamaica. These are the best views at Caribbean Beach. Specifically request "Lake View" because water view can mean either the lake or a quiet pool. Request BAREFOOT LAKE VIEW, please.

Upvote 0

Princess Ashlie

Aruba All the Way

I was just there last year and I had the same questions you did. I requested Aruba and that was the best decision I made. Aruba does not cost any extra money,all you have to do is walk over the bridge and you are in Port Royal, the bus is very convient, and the rooms are awesome.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

AGREED. Back in our Caribbean Beach heyday, we would always request Aruba water view for its great location. Aruba and Jamiaca are two great Islands and do not cost any extra money.

My family has spent 12 vacations at Caribbean Beach in the late 80s and 90s. Then we became deluxe snobs. But we are returning to Caribbean Beach--ARUBA--at the end of this month and we cannot wait to go back home to where our onsite Disney vacations started. There's a million memories we have at that place.

Upvote 0

meganw1985

In '05 we stayed in bldg 36 of Trinidad North, 2nd floor, closest to the courtyard it shares with 35 & 34 and it was a LOOOOONG walk to Old Port Royale and the pool and just about everything; especially with a 3 year old. Only good thing is it was the last bus stop so we didn't have to sit through any others. Other than that, there is no reason to stay in that section. I would NEVER want to stay there again, not even for the pirate rooms.

Upvote 0
In sept 08 we stayed in TrinadadNorth building I believe it was building 31 first floor, corner room and it was awesome. We had a view of the lake, and it was like a minute walk to the pool. The Beach was practically right out the door so if you have kids they could play in the sand. There was a bus stop right behind the building. So it was very easy to get to the bus.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

In '05 we stayed in bldg 36 of Trinidad North, 2nd floor, closest to the courtyard it shares with 35 & 34 and it was a LOOOOONG walk to Old Port Royale and the pool and just about everything; especially with a 3 year old. Only good thing is it was the last bus stop so we didn't have to sit through any others. Other than that, there is no reason to stay in that section. I would NEVER want to stay there again, not even for the pirate rooms.
Just so we don't confuse anyone, you stayed in Trinidad SOUTH. Trinidad North is one of the "preferred location" sections, which means people pay more to stay there because those rooms are among the closest in the whole resort to Old Port Royale. Trinidad South is the farthest from Old Port Royale. You were in Trinidad SOUTH.:)

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Yeah sorry. Trinidad SOUTH. Apparently I can't tell directions :ROFLOL: Anyway, it was AWFUL. I don't recommend it @ all.

Haha. Many people don't reccomend Trinidad South. Now Guests will pay premium cash to stay in a pirate room out in Davy Jones Locker---in the middle of nowhere. Trinidad South.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom